TECH Having Problems with Zen Cart/First Data

Miesha Taint

May 6, 2006
Hey guys, I followed this tutorial here:

http://tutorials.zen-cart.com/index.php?article=298

I made sure to follow all of the prereq's:

- Talked to Host Gator and they said TCP Port 1129 was open

- PEM key is uploaded (what is weird is I had to rename it to just the store number for the zc_admin panel to recognize it)

- I bought an SSL cert through host gator, ran diagnostics using www.digicert.com and everything checks out

- cURL is setup by default

----------------------

This is my problem, when I test the module in testing or production modes I get:

We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are presently unable to contact the Credit Card company for authorization. Please contact the Store Owner for payment alternatives.

what could be the problem?

Pepsi1975

Mod of the Year
Jan 6, 2005
Detroit
the one and only time I got that message with a zen cart install it was on hostgator's end, they were doing database backups

TS
TS
Miesha Taint

Miesha Taint

May 6, 2006
do you think it possibly has something to do with TCP Port 1129 only being open for outbound?... apparently Host Gator won't do it bidirectionally on my reseller account... only on VPS and dedicated servers

I highly doubt everyone with zen cart/first data module has a VPS/dedicated server though right?

host gator tech tried for about an hour of troubleshooting, now he is submitting a ticket to an administrator

I might call first data again to see if they can open their firewall for the IP that my server connects to them from

TS
TS
Miesha Taint

Miesha Taint

May 6, 2006
I'm probably going to be collocating 2 servers in a couple months so I shouldn't have a problem with the ports... any other ZC payment modules for CC payments that you guys can recommend until then?

(yes I already have paypal setup)

Pepsi1975

Mod of the Year
Jan 6, 2005
Detroit
do you think it possibly has something to do with TCP Port 1129 only being open for outbound?... apparently Host Gator won't do it bidirectionally on my reseller account... only on VPS and dedicated servers

I highly doubt everyone with zen cart/first data module has a VPS/dedicated server though right?

host gator tech tried for about an hour of troubleshooting, now he is submitting a ticket to an administrator

I might call first data again to see if they can open their firewall for the IP that my server connects to them from
:dunno: I have one of their business accounts, which is a dedicated ip, but still shared, and I have had no problem with zen cart and ports

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor