CREW Heads up! Canon RP with 24-105mm discounted to $999

NOR*CAL

Oct 5, 2006
Hella
Enjoy. I'm really loving my R6.

I bet you are. The EOS R is an amazing camera, anything that is made later should be better.
body only is $100 less isn't it? $100 for a piece of garbage isn't a good deal.

Yes, you're right. On sale the body is $899, vs $ 999. But the RP is an entry level FF body, so having it come with a lens is not a bad bet for those starting out.

nine

OT Supporter
Jun 23, 2004
so. cal.
I bet you are. The EOS R is an amazing camera, anything that is made later should be better.

Yes, you're right. On sale the body is $899, vs $ 999. But the RP is an entry level FF body, so having it come with a lens is not a bad bet for those starting out.
yeah if your hard budget is $1K and you have to have a mirrorless FF brand new body with a zoom lens, i guess it makes sense. I just know i'd be disappointed pretty quickly if i spent money on that. $100 could go towards something miles better.

NOR*CAL

Oct 5, 2006
Hella
yeah if your hard budget is $1K and you have to have a mirrorless FF brand new body with a zoom lens, i guess it makes sense. I just know i'd be disappointed pretty quickly if i spent money on that. $100 could go towards something miles better.

From what I read sometime ago I think Canon is making a new RF nifty 50 1.8. So definitely could go towards something better, but I don't think those are $100 anymore.

wait*what

OT Supporter
Mar 8, 2007
Houston, TX
:hmm: my pops needs a new camera
This more than enough of a camera for a 70yr old man that needs a camera for vacation and family photos? Lol

mdaniel

S is for Shiksa
May 6, 2000
NW Mejicooooooo
:hmm: my pops needs a new camera
This more than enough of a camera for a 70yr old man that needs a camera for vacation and family photos? Lol

lol yeah. It'll work well in green box mode. You might want to add a small flash if the RP doesn't have one. The complexity will blow his mind if he ventures off green box.

• Haha
Reactions: wait*what

mdaniel

S is for Shiksa
May 6, 2000
NW Mejicooooooo
From what I read sometime ago I think Canon is making a new RF nifty 50 1.8. So definitely could go towards something better, but I don't think those are $100 anymore.

They definitely need a nifty 50, or at least one that isn't north of $2000. I have the 50/1.4 and it works fine on the R6 but it was never the quickest focusing lens nor the sharpest wide open.

NOR*CAL

Oct 5, 2006
Hella
They definitely need a nifty 50, or at least one that isn't north of $2000. I have the 50/1.4 and it works fine on the R6 but it was never the quickest focusing lens nor the sharpest wide open.

Who makes your 50 1.4? Is it a Canon? Maybe you have a bad copy?

My R5 has arrived!

mdaniel

S is for Shiksa
May 6, 2000
NW Mejicooooooo
Who makes your 50 1.4? Is it a Canon? Maybe you have a bad copy?

My R5 has arrived!

Canon. I got it in 2008 but the design is much older. It's always been a bit soft at 1.4 but better by 1.6 and sharp by 1.8. I need to try it wide open on the R6. Maybe it's just an AF issue with the older cameras.

wait*what

OT Supporter
Mar 8, 2007
Houston, TX
lol yeah. It'll work well in green box mode. You might want to add a small flash if the RP doesn't have one. The complexity will blow his mind if he ventures off green box.

Yeah I know...was just kidding
He was using a canon powershot as his go too.....but he walked into the water with it in his swim trunks.
His iphone 11pro is all he needs really. But I have to coach him through that and the iCloud :hs: wish me luck

NOR*CAL

Oct 5, 2006
Hella
Been waiting all freaking year for the release and shipment of this R5

Ze5DN5s.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448