FIT health club during pandemic?

phatguy88

OT Supporter
Nov 8, 2005
boston
Yes. I'm in a state where the overall rate is ~7% and all gyms have 25% capacity limit and masks are required 100% of the time (and everyone actually listens)

Last edited:
Reactions: stevezissou

Jinx

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
honestly, everyone i see who posts about going to the gym these days are either people who are close to or on the front line and have resigned themselves to the risks and people who are just "too bored to stay home anymore" :o it's a weird mix. most other folks have adjusted to some sort of home routine, but the cold weather is making it hard, too.

Reactions: Souppishdawg

phatguy88

OT Supporter
Nov 8, 2005
boston
um, maybe your location is wrong, but MA is kinda fucked just like everyone else :o my inlaws live in the berkshires, and they keep getting hit.

True, but we're still at 7% positive vs some states are 30+. Everyone here also wears masks , and from what I've seen gyms are not a source of infections

• Haha
Reactions: Simple

5SpeedSER

Jun 18, 2003
South Florida
I haven't gone, but I still see tons of clips of people in crowded gyms with no masks
Basically what im seeing at my gym. I havent gone since march 8th, and have been paying since. Keep thinking of going but then i show up and zero masks and its packed. No real other options around here. hmph.

Reactions: Muddy Waters

fatmoocow

bored
OT Supporter
Aug 27, 2002
the intarweb
Gyms have been closed pretty much all year here. Just built a whole gym in my garage and invite bros over to lift. Would recommend.

wildflower

OT Supporter
May 17, 2002
No place for older men
yes 4x a week but it's a private club in a gated community and I've never seen another person using it during the times I go
I worry about this kind of thing. Probably too much.
If its empty all the time, maybe one thing. If there's a lot of people going in and out and you just go at an unusual time, another thing altogether.
Not sure how long virus stays viable if it's schvitzed off a piece of equipment.

G-man

Nov 15, 2001
CO
Stopped by my gym last week just to look inside. Most people wearing masks. They had draped large sheets of white plastic from the ceiling forming tunnels through the gym and had sectioned off areas of the gym with it so there were maybe 6 eqpt pieces in each area. Place was pretty busy.

nosaj

OT Supporter
Nov 10, 2003
Been going as much as possible after the governor unlocked us. I come in contact with the unwashed masses and haven’t had any issues.

Chazzworth

Current title:
May 25, 2001
CA
Yeah I go, I had Covid back in August so I'm not worried about it. Also my county has low numbers.

lil*o*g

Aug 29, 2001
Jokelahoma
I just came back. I wear a mask the whole time (not everyone does) and I clean the equipment before and after I touch it. Wear gloves the entire time and wash them when I get home.

mollywhop

🤙 Dick was moist as fuck 🤙
OT Supporter
Feb 13, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
I worry about this kind of thing. Probably too much.
If its empty all the time, maybe one thing. If there's a lot of people going in and out and you just go at an unusual time, another thing altogether.
Not sure how long virus stays viable if it's schvitzed off a piece of equipment.
We take calculated risks on a daily basis based on our own personal comfort and tolerance levels. I am extremely limited in my interactions other than required trips to the grocery store and I never take unnecessary risks otherwise, so this is worth the potential risk for me as a continued investment in my health. Also, there are only about 300 total property owners in the entire community and only maybe 1/4 of them are here at any point concurrently, with may be 5% of those even using the gym. I don’t go super early in the morning or late at night so it’s not that I’m just missing the crowd, there just isn’t a crowd in my case. I’m lucky and most people don’t have the same opportunity I do, the downside is that the gym sucks and the equipment is limited so I’m stuck with mostly dumbbells and cable machines

Fordgasm

Mike Trout > All
May 12, 2001
My wife’s step father who is 68 was still going to his gym right up til Thanksgiving :ugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan