ENT Help me remember a tv/movie scene where a dude 'accidentally' commits suicide by hanging - Does this sound familiar?

thumpr

someone you trust is one of us
OT Supporter
Jul 16, 2004
大阪, 日本
yes morbid i know, sorry about that

was chatting with a friend about scenes from movies/tv shows and we both vaguely remember this scene but just can't quite remember what it's from

there's a dude who is obviously suicidal and he sets himself pretty well to hang himself but then he has a change of heart right at the end, but just as he's about to step down from the chair/stool/whatever, i think he slips or something? and ends up hanging himself

these are the things we think we remember from the scene, but not 100% about:

- it's a white dude
- it's from an english-language movie/tv show
- pretty sure it's from a serious tv show/movie and not like some dark comedy or anything, the scene is pretty brutal/heartwrenching from what i recall because i remember feeling like it was filmed intentionally to give the idea that the dude's family won't ever find out that he didn't mean to go through with it
- there were close-ups of the dude's feet just barely reaching the stool/chair/table and it feels like he's just about to get it but obviously doesn't in the end
- dude might have pissed himself?

like i said, not 100% on any of those

- it's not the scene from the sopranos where the dude hangs himself in his garage, although i feel like the seriousness/blunt brutality of the scene
- it's not the shower hanging death from final destination (although i think in my mind i have mixed the two scenes up a little because of the 'family won't ever realize it was an accident' aspect and the close-ups of his feet struggling to get grip)
- it's not the hanging scene from better off dead

Last edited:
TS
TS
thumpr

thumpr

OT Supporter
Jul 16, 2004
大阪, 日本
not trying to be morbid or anything, it's just that my friend and i are pretty good when it comes to remembering quotes/scenes from tv shows and movies and we're pretty frustrated that we've been going for a few days now and can't fucking remember the scene

TS
TS
thumpr

thumpr

OT Supporter
Jul 16, 2004
大阪, 日本

tumblr_mimuporRF41s6sfnro1_400.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Ranger-AO
TS
TS
thumpr

thumpr

OT Supporter
Jul 16, 2004
大阪, 日本
never heard of the movie, never seen the movie, so i doubt that's it

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman