Help needed from OT Nerd / PC gaming Crew

Disguy

Batman > Moon Knight
OT Supporter
Oct 26, 2004
I am looking to buy my Nephew his first gaming PC. He wants to stream and play games like Fortnight etc.

I used to know what was good in the gaming world but I honestly don't know shit anymore. He's 15 years old and doesn't know anything about computers either. He wants a gaming desktop PC that he can stream to his friends on youtube or twitch or whatever.

The budget is roughly $700.

I found this (link below) which appears to be good but I don't really know. Is anything required for streaming? Obviously external microphones and what not but I am referring to computer internals.
iBuyPower PC

tempus

Going quietly insane.
OT Supporter
Feb 25, 2004
Metrowest
The RTX 3000 thread on the front page is filled with laments about getting good PC hardware right now. The PC you listed is probably good enough for fortnite, but it's doesn't have all the megahurttzzzzz.

TS
TS
Disguy

Disguy

Batman > Moon Knight
OT Supporter
Oct 26, 2004
3090 i9 or youre a crappy unc
I am most definitely a crappy uncle but I try to do good on the presents at least. Get to see the nephews 5 times a year and they are an hour away. Lots of drama I won't share online. His mom's a cunt and let's leave it at that.

Reactions: Normie

Genius/GZA

Dec 23, 2003
Dallas, TX
I am most definitely a crappy uncle but I try to do good on the presents at least. Get to see the nephews 5 times a year and they are an hour away. Lots of drama I won't share online. His mom's a cunt and let's leave it at that.
i was joking brotha:hs:

whats your budget for the pc? does he have a monitor and accessories ?

TS
TS
Disguy

Disguy

Batman > Moon Knight
OT Supporter
Oct 26, 2004
i was joking brotha:hs:

whats your budget for the pc? does he have a monitor and accessories ?
Sorry. Xmas is rough this year. I've been away from home since September and that doesn't help. Shipping everything to my parents and will end up wrapping everything on the 24th. My new job is great $$$ but socially sucks dick.

Just needs the PC. He has a monitor and accessories from others.

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
For $700 you're not going to get much more than an i3 and a 1650 if you build it yourself.

You're better off trying to buy a prebuilt. Once you get sub $1000 if gets REALLY tough to justify piecing it together.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterparl19