CAR Hey Ford and GM...you wanna sell more cars? Here is a simple solution.

Cheeks

Dec 28, 2003
You know all the cool cars that Europe, Australia and the rest of Asia get?
BRING THEM HERE

SnowGlobe

Oct 24, 2001
They've tried that, it hasn't worked out so well for GM. GTO and G8 for example....awesome ass cars and have done pretty bad here

how about something the size of a civic with similar gas millage, reliability, and looks.

TS
TS
Cheeks

Cheeks

Dec 28, 2003
They've tried that, it hasn't worked out so well for GM. GTO and G8 for example....awesome ass cars and have done pretty bad here

Only because people have lost trust and faith in american made products...

TS
TS
Cheeks

Cheeks

Dec 28, 2003
Seriously, they've been pumping so much mediocre shit out of the lines for so long, they just expect people to buy their products. Aside from the Vette, and stellar heavy duty trucks, there is absolutely nothing for the rest, and majority of the consumers.

Wonder Showzen

Domeshotter
Jun 29, 2007
Oregon
Seriously, they've been pumping so much mediocre shit out of the lines for so long, they just expect people to buy their products. Aside from the Vette, and stellar heavy duty trucks, there is absolutely nothing for the rest, and majority of the consumers.

they do alright with fleet and commercial sales, though. all those white panel vans and work trucks and also the focus.

TriShield

Jul 6, 2001
Houston, TX
You know all the cool cars that Europe, Australia and the rest of Asia get?
BRING THEM HERE

I doubt you're willing to pay for them like the rest of the country.

Their foreign cars look nice because they are much more expensive than what we are willing to pay and those markets buy them at those prices. That's why Europe gets a better Honda Accord than we do. Honda has to sell it as a pseudo-luxury car to make a decent profit margin off of it.

When are you getting a G8, Astra, or Vue? Did you buy a GTO, Focus or Contour when those were initially released? Didn't think so.

I doubt people are going to buy the Fiesta en masse when Ford sells it here too.

TriShield

Jul 6, 2001
Houston, TX
Ford Falcon - 300 million+ to engineer it for left-hand drive and add capacity to the Ford plant in Australia, it would also have to be promoted.

Business case - Not so hot. Car would cost north of $30 large, have very little profit at that price and still probably wouldn't sell.

Ford passed on that one.

insomnia

Sep 12, 2004
Korea
All of which will probably fail. All of which have very thin profit margins.

America likes its cars like we like fast food, cheap and for as few dollars as possible.

if and when gas prices go up the focus and fiesta will do well. as much as I'd like a Kuga I doubt it'll do well here, but i've seen stranger things

Slick26

Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew
Jul 28, 2006
Mini Soda
Because they pussify them. They're beautiful cars and then they dumb them down for the American buyer.
Fucking ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btcdiana