ART Hey OTAP - look at my day job.

aCab

Jun 1, 2007
Chicaaago
Just finished this up for this week's program. It's kinda meh to me, but I like it a hell of a lot better than that story cloud one. I took the faggotry fades off the sides at the top.

LamarCover2-Ray.jpg

qwop

underground pirate
OT Supporter
Dec 22, 2004
2nd row, right pic and bottom row, right pic are the same image

redna

Oct 24, 2001
What the hell is wrong with the post on those photos??! Curves gone wrong....

Don't like the gradient or the background, the gray tones make the photos look even more washed out.

The font is okay, and the cutout is decent.... keepable anyway.

whatever that bevel/emboss deal is that you've got going on the upper left has got to go..

Need a different font for the white text.

Ugh.. not trying to be a jerk man, but just start over.

wizeguy4

Apr 5, 2002
Allentown, PA
is this more from the folks who wanted a shitty dave hill impersonation?

Well personally I think they are fuckin ridiculous and cant believe this is the shit they want.

HOWEVER, as long as the checks they are giving you clears the bank, fuck it

TS
TS
aCab

aCab

Jun 1, 2007
Chicaaago
You are a photographer, stop trying to be a print designer.

It pays well and most customers don't care as long as they get something they like. OTAP fails to realize that most other people don't really care.

You guys bitch about shitty photographers and their businesses, but at the end of they day, only a select few OTAPers are making money taking pictures. Even the pros say its more about the business then the art.

It's the same with any creative field. Do I like the cover? No. Does the customer love it? Yes. Will the people at the game love it? Yes. Do I get paid? Yes. Am I ashamed to be making money doing shitty work that the customer likes and I don't? Yes/No.

Spurious

Jan 15, 2006
Houston, Texas Bans: 5
It pays well and most customers don't care as long as they get something they like. OTAP fails to realize that most other people don't really care.

You guys bitch about shitty photographers and their businesses, but at the end of they day, only a select few OTAPers are making money taking pictures. Even the pros say its more about the business then the art.

It's the same with any creative field. Do I like the cover? No. Does the customer love it? Yes. Will the people at the game love it? Yes. Do I get paid? Yes. Am I ashamed to be making money doing shitty work that the customer likes and I don't? Yes/No.
The point is you can actually produce something you can be proud of and make money. You can be a shitty photographer/designer, market yourself well and make money, but would you be satisfied with that?

TS
TS
aCab

aCab

Jun 1, 2007
Chicaaago
The point is you can actually produce something you can be proud of and make money. You can be a shitty photographer/designer, market yourself well and make money, but would you be satisfied with that?

If everybody was satisfied with their job, why are they on OT while they are at work? Or why do they take vacations?

The better point is that I do what I'm asked of. I meet deadlines and deliver what the customer wants. Why spend more of my free time going above and beyond when I only get paid for my work time?

TS
TS
aCab

aCab

Jun 1, 2007
Chicaaago
Actually, I guess I am satisfied because I end up with money in my bank account. Call me a jew, but if I get paid, I'm satisfied.

Spurious

Jan 15, 2006
Houston, Texas Bans: 5
If everybody was satisfied with their job, why are they on OT while they are at work? Or why do they take vacations?

The better point is that I do what I'm asked of. I meet deadlines and deliver what the customer wants. Why spend more of my free time going above and beyond when I only get paid for my work time?
Way to completely miss my point.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan