FIT Hey vets...post funny things you heard when first starting out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Pelham

and now realize it was all crap.

When I first started out I was told to roll your shoulders forwards and backwards while doing shrugs

to bend my knees when I was doing curls

put my feet up on the bench while benching :mad:

that deadlifts aren't good :mad:

that I shouldn't curl in the squat rack :fawk:

...Im sure you guys heard some doozies, especially if you started training pre-internet where everything was hearsay and advice given in the gym where research wasn't as easy.

Blade

Time to swolercize
Oct 21, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN Rep: ★
and now realize it was all crap.

When I first started out I was told to roll your shoulders forwards and backwards while doing shrugs

to bend my knees when I was doing curls

put my feet up on the bench while benching :mad:

that deadlifts aren't good :mad:

that I shouldn't curl in the squat rack :fawk:

...Im sure you guys heard some doozies, especially if you started training pre-internet where everything was hearsay and advice given in the gym where research wasn't as easy.

even better, you and your 3 friends should do hours of curls on the only dl platform in the gym

energie

I like to place an order.. the name? Situation the
Jun 15, 2006
oilcity alberta
not as vet as most people here but the funny things werer

m1t isn't a steroid its exactly like creatine

creatine is pretty bad for you. :hsugh:

i dont work legs nice jeans dont fit and big legs dont benefit

thebeave

Dec 25, 2007
That you don't need direct arm work....heavy rows and benching are enough...

Jesus fuck that one plagued me until recently when I noticed that my arms were the the furthest behind out of any muscle group. I put half an inch on my arms in a month by just adding Pur's arm day and rearranging some stuff :hs:

tbizzle

you smoke that shit?
May 31, 2003
MA
That you don't need direct arm work....heavy rows and benching are enough...

fucking :werd: ...although I only followed that rule for a short time and I wasn't serious at the time. Should have just stuck with what worked for me in the beginning. Don't try to fix what ain't broke.

energie

I like to place an order.. the name? Situation the
Jun 15, 2006
oilcity alberta
someone who was a director at VF Corp. told me that jean have the biggest markups in the clothing industry for the cheapest fabric (denim).

yup.

a pair of diesels zathans are like 300 bucks in canada.

they proably make them for what 20-30/bucks a jean

erok81

All your canyons are belong to me!!
Jul 2, 2003
Salt Lake City
The instructions on my first container of whey.

"Recommended intake is 1.5g for every lb of weight" I thought that was shake only protein.

I proceeded to make one shake with a bit over 200g of protein. One full blender of thick whey. Got sick, posted on BB.com why it happened.

What a fag, here is the post in question.

I've been working out for a few years now and have never used any type of supplements. I just got some protien powder. I mixed it up to 1 gram per pound of body weight (I weigh 180). This seems like ALOT. It almost filled the blender with just powder. If I take this every day I'll be going through at least a jar a week (if I take that amount everday). It seems like alot to take at once. Not to mention thats a TON of calories. (almost as much as needed for the whole day). And like most I am trying to gain muscle.

A few years. :rofl:

I'm 99% sure that was when I first started on a Soloflex and quit a month or so later.

jonno

Jun 3, 2003
Boston

"Recommended intake is 1.5g for every lb of weight" I thought that was shake only protein.

I proceeded to make one shake with a bit over 200g of protein. One full blender of thick whey. Got sick, posted on BB.com why it happened.

I'm 99% sure that was when I first started on a Soloflex and quit a month or so later.

:bowrofl: that's great

evolude

OT Supporter
Feb 10, 2004

:bowrofl:

ralyks

Feb 22, 2005

:rofl::rofl:

TS
TS

Mr. Pelham

:rofl:

Lukkie

OT Supporter
Apr 1, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
dont go below parallel when benching... its bad for your shoulders (this was the trainer that gave me the gym tour when i was applying for membership)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btcdiana