CAR Hey you guys!

JRock10

May 25, 2005
Nashville, TN FTW
What are you using for a vac these days? My shop-vac is laying it down, and I'm ready for a new one.

I always liked the look of that Rigid scott uses, but don't remember the model number.

Morgan06

Jan 19, 2006
ELM, MA
I use the one that Scott uses, but don't remember the model number.

They sell it at HD, similar specs but I think now it's got wheels and costs like ~$70. Going on two years with mine, and besides replacing the filter I'm just now starting to get that annoying perma-kink in the hose.

quamen

Nov 14, 2003
http://www.homedepot.com/Tools-Hard...splay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

I have been using this vacuum as well, but the warranty is total bs. These things last me a little over a year, and the motor dies. I took the one apart recently, and i realized the bushing/a few other parts were worn out that's why it failed. I called rigid up, and the lifetime warranty is actually not lifetime. They consider using this daily, over use and the motor/bushing are only meant for like 500 hrs or something, i don't recall exactly the amount of hours. Great vacuum, and i try cleaning the filter regularly , and empty the canister, but as i stated i can;t get more than a year out of these. I also assume that i am wrong for even wanting to get it repaired, because i do realize this wouldn't fall under workmanship or defect in the product etc. Just wish i could get more than a year out of this vacuum.

quamen

Nov 14, 2003
With professional use, you aren't getting more than a year out of any vacuum unless you get one specifically designed for daily use and are willing to pay 3x what the Ridged costs.

figured that, i am assuming you go through one a year as i do? thought i was just ruff on these things, but i always plan the 80 in the budget for a new vac.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan