Virginia
giphy.gif

TS
TS
lugoismad

lugoismad

Jul 22, 2006
damn.. antibiotics couldnt do the trick? that sucks

Yeah, he was going to a wound care doctor. They kept trying different antibiotics, had him in the hospital for 3 days doing IV antibiotics, nothing would kick it.

TS
TS
lugoismad

lugoismad

Jul 22, 2006
whoa, how?

Not really sure.

He claims he got out of my hot tub and his feet were really soft and he got a cut on the bottom of his toe that he didn't take care of.

However, I talked to the pharmacist for a while about it, we have a small compounding pharmacy in our town and the wound doctor ordered some sort of bleach solution called "Dakins" that kroger's pharmacy wasn't able to get in, but the local place had it on the shelf.
Anyways, got talking to him, and he said his best guess was that it was a brown recluse spider bite. He said they often carry staph and you won't notice the bite until its all infected, and the venom helps break down the flesh as well.

Reactions: intro_vert13
TS
TS
lugoismad

lugoismad

Jul 22, 2006
Fucking gnarly dude. I guess it went well?

Went really well, actually. Originally the doctor said he'd need to stay 2 days in the hospital with a wound vac on it. But after surgery they said it went so well he can go home. He was up and walking on it within an hour with no pain.

He's only on 25mg hydrocodone every 6 hours, and not having any pain at all.

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
Went really well, actually. Originally the doctor said he'd need to stay 2 days in the hospital with a wound vac on it. But after surgery they said it went so well he can go home. He was up and walking on it within an hour with no pain.

He's only on 25mg hydrocodone every 6 hours, and not having any pain at all.
Badass. That's great man. Glad to hear it.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman