FIT High calorie healthy foods

Status
Not open for further replies.

ww_Crimson

Sep 3, 2007
Bay Area
What are some healthy / clean foods that are high in calories? I have Crohn's Disease and I get full after eating even really small meals. I haven't been keeping track of my calorie intake but I'm pretty sure it's less than 2000/day. I'm losing about 4 pounds a month for 3 months now. I want to be eating enough to build muscle.

Also, some raw fruits/vegetables, excessive amounts of nuts and excessive amounts of rice (steamed in particular) absolutely destroy my stomach.

synthetic

Apr 9, 2002
San Diego, CA
raw fruits and vegtables are low in calories.... also rice fills you up quick and isnt tha thigh in calories

almonds and cashews would be the way to go... but i guess add olive oil to everything you eat

4cd-Air

This user is longer available
Oct 4, 2001
mass gainer protein shakes
tuna/salmon (high fats)
potatos (white or sweet)
lean beef
omega oil pills

Marix

OT Supporter
May 23, 2006
PEANUT BUTTER:
100g of natural peanut butter contains:
612kcal
31.2g protein
12g carbs
48.7g fats (but only about 8g saturated fats)

Drewski

May 22, 2002
Scarberia aka Scarlem, ON
fat has more then 2x the number of calories then protein or carbs, so if you want lots of calories, eat stuff high in good fats. preferably in combo with protein.

so peanut (or any nut) butter would be good. same with fatty fish like salmon, mackeral or herring

Marix

OT Supporter
May 23, 2006
When I was first bulking, I took 35ml shots of olive oil and/or sesame oil

Frank Dux

they sell whole grain pasta? i think i've only seen whole wheat. in terms of better type of carbs, would it go:

whole grain > regular > whole wheat?

they sell whole grain pasta? i think i've only seen whole wheat. in terms of better type of carbs, would it go:

whole grain > regular > whole wheat?

The box says Whole Grain but it's really only 51% Whole Wheat. Atleast, the one I could find. If I could find a 100% one, I'd grab it.

2oz's

Cals - 200
Fat - 1.5g
Total Carb - 41g
Dietary Fiber - 6g
Sugars- 2g
Protein- 7g

I don't eat it all the time but if I'm looking for a good quality carb when I feel I might be lacking on calories, I'll have some. I just put pepper and ketchup and it's delicous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan