GUN Historic pistol sells for $920K

TL1000RSquid

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Jun 9, 2004
NY
q1x00021_9.jpg

An anonymous bidder paid $920,000 for this .44-caliber Colt Walker pistol yesterday in Fairfield, Maine.

James D. Julia Inc. says this is thought to be the highest price anyone has ever paid for a firearm at auction.

"Yee-ha," the gun's owner, John McBride, said as the winning bid was announced, according to the Morning Sentinel. "We did better than we had hoped."

The auction house says this "rare and historic" Colt Whitneyville-Walker pistol was issued during the Mexican-American war. "It is truly one of the greatest prizes of Colts in existence," auctioneer James Julia tells the paper.
====

Nice looking piece but no way in hell I'd spend that much for it even if I had the money to burn.

kellyclan

She only loves you when she's drunk.
May 16, 2001
I know someone who's gonna be pissed when Obama's ATF comes knocking.

david_4x4

Apr 13, 2004
Texas
I once met a Judge that kept an original Walker Colt on his desk in his office.

It was a huge junk gun, but I think at the time he was turning down $75k offers.

First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.
Jul 5, 2002
Makes me want to read Blood Meridian again

TwistedMind

Mar 20, 2004
if I had the cash id gladly pay a million bucks for a authentic walker colt in that condition. It's probably because I'm a Texan and Walker was a Ranger

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec