FIT Holiday work outs

Status
Not open for further replies.

pickedfirst

Jun 24, 2008
My gym has limited holiday hours and I'm trying to stay in decent shape over the next few weeks. Any suggestions?

eljefedetonto

Aug 4, 2006
STL, MO/AAR, DK
the gym at my brother's apartment complex is terrible. I try to improvise shit into my routine but the only free weights they have are bowflex dbs :mamoru:

I'll be driving up to my dad's in a few days and all he has is a 15lb db and a treadmill :wtc:

jkiley07

Nov 20, 2007
I just got a free trial pass to a gym since the weight room at my FD sucks, but the trial pass hours are the hours I work, and is closed tomorrow, FTL. 4 days without lift :/

Ribbie

OT Supporter
Sep 12, 2004
quick pump today at 1, gym closes at 3.

closed tomorrow which is fine, thats my rest day anyways.

back at it friday.

sophocles

Apr 8, 2007
NOVA
yeah i took my normal 3 gym days over the first 3 days of the week
I will just go jogging and do pushup situp stuff to keep active
when i get back to the normal routine monday
it should be all good

knucks

Jul 14, 2004
I figured my gym would be open til like 4 or so. Shit, even the JCC closes at 6 for Shabbat..

Woke up at 11:40 to find out gym closed at 2. O nom nom nom there by 12:30 and out at 1:40

Probably closed tomorrow, hopefully open Fri

Pen Is Mightier

Closed at 2PM today. Closed tomorrow. Open again Friday. Too bad I hardly ever go. Bleh.

TS
TS

pickedfirst

Jun 24, 2008
Don't they know we need to get our work outs in! And you know straight after the New Year it will be so crowded with all the new year's resolution people

sureiwill

Jul 24, 2008
My gym has limited holiday hours and I'm trying to stay in decent shape over the next few weeks. Any suggestions?

As far as getting work outs in...try running on a local track or around the neighborhood? But besides that, you can also just limit what you eat during this time, because all know it's very tough around this time of year. I thought I'd share a great tip I got from one of those fitness reality shows about allowing yourself your favorite "bad" thing (like cake or ice cream) on one day during this time. After that, resume your normal, healthy routine. By allowing one indulgence, you get it out of your system and don't feel like your missing out on ALL of the holiday treats. It worked for me! I got right back on track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec