Holy fuck Roy Jones still fast af

ostinato

OT Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
I was thinking about this the other day: No boxer in history has the highlight reel Jones had in his prime.

Dick Dale

Martha Stewart candy fuchsia on the sewage Buick
Oct 12, 2020
i feel like his trainer bro with the paddles deserves some respect too.

how much of a cognitive link do you think they develop though? and how does that speed in such a situation translate into the ring?

idk.

been thinking about joining the local boxing gym so I can get my shit pushed in by a 14 year old.

I know nothing about boxing

TheRightToRemainSilent

Long-Legged Mack Daddy
Mar 31, 2001
a trash can
WHAT ARE THE RULES FOR TYSON VS. JONES?
The California State Athletic Commission (CSAC) has ruled that instead of a regular 12 rounds, the pair will compete over just eight rounds. Those rounds will be only two minutes long, compared to the standard three minutes each.

The reduced time spent in the ring is partly due to both fighters refusing to use headguards, meaning the CSAC put in the extra restriction.

If either fighter suffers a cut, then the fight will be stopped, and no knockouts are allowed.

To further reduce the damage done to both men, fighters will be required to wear 12-ounce gloves to soften the blows exchanged.

Outside of the ring, there will be no judges to score the fight, but instead, the World Boxing Council will host Christy Martin, Vinny Pazienza and Chad Dawson viewing remotely to decide the fight result.

No official winner will be recorded but the fighter picked by the judges will win a ‘Frontline Battle Belt’ commissioned for the event.

California State Athletic Commission executive director Andy Forster confirmed: "Tyson and Jones Jr. won't be wearing headgear for the fight.

"They'll be lacing up 12-ounce gloves and there won't be any judges present at the fight to score the action.

"So, technically, there won't be a winner unless a knockout somehow occurs, or either fighter is deemed unfit to continue.

"They can move around and make some money, but I told them if you get cut, it's over."

Reactions: Cicada

Cicada

Abraham $LINK’in
OT Supporter
Sep 30, 2008
SoCal
i feel like his trainer bro with the paddles deserves some respect too.

how much of a cognitive link do you think they develop though? and how does that speed in such a situation translate into the ring?

idk.

been thinking about joining the local boxing gym so I can get my shit pushed in by a 14 year old.

I know nothing about boxing
It translates, because.....muscle memory.

i havent been to a boxing gym, but drilling in TKD/Karate/Muay Thai/BJJ is the same idea. Your body just does it automatically when you’ve drilled it thousands of times.

Reactions: Cyan Connect

poostik

May 5, 2001
NJ
WHAT ARE THE RULES FOR TYSON VS. JONES?
The California State Athletic Commission (CSAC) has ruled that instead of a regular 12 rounds, the pair will compete over just eight rounds. Those rounds will be only two minutes long, compared to the standard three minutes each.

The reduced time spent in the ring is partly due to both fighters refusing to use headguards, meaning the CSAC put in the extra restriction.

If either fighter suffers a cut, then the fight will be stopped, and no knockouts are allowed.

To further reduce the damage done to both men, fighters will be required to wear 12-ounce gloves to soften the blows exchanged.

Outside of the ring, there will be no judges to score the fight, but instead, the World Boxing Council will host Christy Martin, Vinny Pazienza and Chad Dawson viewing remotely to decide the fight result.

No official winner will be recorded but the fighter picked by the judges will win a ‘Frontline Battle Belt’ commissioned for the event.

California State Athletic Commission executive director Andy Forster confirmed: "Tyson and Jones Jr. won't be wearing headgear for the fight.

"They'll be lacing up 12-ounce gloves and there won't be any judges present at the fight to score the action.

"So, technically, there won't be a winner unless a knockout somehow occurs, or either fighter is deemed unfit to continue.

"They can move around and make some money, but I told them if you get cut, it's over."

????

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman