STYLE Home Decor Crew: What kind of shades/blinds/curtains do you have in your mansions?

BlasterMaster

Oct 31, 2007
DFW
I have no eye for this type of thing

Do you prefer blinds or Roman/cellular/roller shades?

I use to have cellular shades from Home Depot in my old house. They worked ok but looked kinda cheap (and tbh weren’t that cheap).

Jun 26, 2001
FL
Hunter Douglas Top-Down Bottom-Up

The handles keep breaking, but otherwise I like them a lot. Can have the top portion open letting in light while keeping privacy. Also don't have the strings on the sides.

Reactions: Sibs

FryingPan

Certified Thread Killer
May 19, 2000
Raleigh, NC
Bedroom and living room windows have curtains/sheers, cellular shades in the bathroom, no coverings on dining/kitchen/office windows.

crontab

Oracle doesn't have customers, they have hostages.
Nov 14, 2000
blackout curtains all over the house. floor to ceiling. keeps temps stable as well when closed.

Reactions: Qtip

Sibs

FUCK THIS TEAM
Apr 4, 2001
Boston
Hunter Douglas Top-Down Bottom-Up

The handles keep breaking, but otherwise I like them a lot. Can have the top portion open letting in light while keeping privacy. Also don't have the strings on the sides.
same, i've got hunter douglas in the main living spaces, love it

went cheaper with top down bottom up blackout cellular blinds (from blinds to go i think) in the bedrooms. the blackout is legit.

Reactions: BlasterMaster

8legs

8eyes
OT Supporter
Mar 16, 2008
Webbywebz
I can't stand vertical or horizontal blinds. The pull thingies always die or incite rage. They're a super bitch to clean.

I have roman shades. Still a pull mechanism, but without all the individual moving parts. Far fewer problems.

Some windows have the shades plus drapes for full blackout because migraines make light hurt so, so bad. I don't have as many migraines now (the medicine works!) so I live less like a vampire.

Reactions: BlasterMaster

psykosis

Go placidly amid the noise and the haste
Oct 31, 2001
Listing between sin and salvation
No clue what brand or style, they were in the house when we bought it. Doors have pull down cellular shades. Every window has pull down blinds. You just pull them down or push them up, and they stay where you leave them. Slight tug up or down to change blind orientation. Best window coverings I've ever had.

beddachedda

life is uncertain. don't sip.
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2006

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman