Home Owner Crew. Replacing deck sliding door with French doors.

amill94

OT ELITE iirc
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
So I have an Andersen sliding glass door in our sunroom that goes out to our deck. The door is fine, but I'd like something nicer and with some built in blinds or window treatments. My wife and I were thinking of going with French Patio doors since we are over having a sliding door in that location. Are there any downfalls that I'm not thinking about by going from a sliding door to french doors?

Looking to do something like this.

french_door_style_hero.jpg

barfdogg

Aug 14, 2007
Gig Harbor, Washington
I have French doors for three of the exits onto my rear deck and while they look far nicer than sliders, I do miss the easily closeable screen. Not sure what I would pick next time. 99% of the time I only open on of the doors anyway so the "extra size" doesn't get used much. but that's me.

TS
TS
amill94

amill94

OT ELITE iirc
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
I have French doors for three of the exits onto my rear deck and while they look far nicer than sliders, I do miss the easily closeable screen. Not sure what I would pick next time. 99% of the time I only open on of the doors anyway so the "extra size" doesn't get used much. but that's me.

Yeah we wouldn't use one of the sides either. As for the screen, we don't really use that now with the sliding door so I doubt we'd miss it. I just think french doors look so much nicer.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jexic84026