Homeowners - anyone have a steam shower?

TheProwler

OT Supporter
Aug 18, 2002
I've got a walk-in shower now, and I'm considering having a steam shower function added to it. I'd probably contract the whole thing out. Anyone have this done? I love steam and high-end showers.

Reactions: hoody and AndyP

silver60

OT Supporter
May 4, 2010
Dallas Tx
That doesn’t make sense tho, who has an enclosed shower?

meaning there needs to be a door, we have a more custom shower you just walk in, most homes have a glass door or sliding door / shower curtain, we have nothing just 3 walls and you walk in

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
Wife’s parents just bought the house next door to their house and remodeled it. They did a sauna it looks nice :dunno:

TS
TS
TheProwler

TheProwler

OT Supporter
Aug 18, 2002
meaning there needs to be a door, we have a more custom shower you just walk in, most homes have a glass door or sliding door / shower curtain, we have nothing just 3 walls and you walk in
mine has a door, but there's a decent gap at the top. It probably needs to be fully enclosed if I don't want to steam out the whole master bath.

Reactions: husm and 8 Ball

8 Ball

I'm taking my ball and I'm going home
Jan 30, 2001
right side corner pocket
mine has a door, but there's a decent gap at the top. It probably needs to be fully enclosed if I don't want to steam out the whole master bath.
Right, that’s what I was saying. Everyone has an opening somewhere. Nobody has a “closed shower room”. That’s basically a sauna

TS
TS
TheProwler

TheProwler

OT Supporter
Aug 18, 2002
Right, that’s what I was saying. Everyone has an opening somewhere. Nobody has a “closed shower room”. That’s basically a sauna
And I'm probably going to have it fully enclosed for a steam room. I'm not going to DIY, but I'm wondering if anyone had any experience with it.

AndyP

OT Supporter
Jun 17, 2004
The room I stayed in at the Ari in Vegas had a steam shower. It was :tbow:

I hope this helps.

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
you'll need to gut the tile to do it right. whole thing needs to be water proofed including/esp the ceiling.

Reactions: jonesn

AndyP

OT Supporter
Jun 17, 2004
I don’t know why, but this thread gave me the urge to bang my wife in the shower tonight.

Reactions: Bloke
TS
TS
TheProwler

TheProwler

OT Supporter
Aug 18, 2002
You mean experience with paying someone else to do it? Isn't that just a simple transaction?
:hsugh: experience with what features they like, layout, cost, etc. we're just bullshitting here. I'm not trying to get people to post contracts and compare them.

TS
TS
TheProwler

TheProwler

OT Supporter
Aug 18, 2002
you'll need to gut the tile to do it right. whole thing needs to be water proofed including/esp the ceiling.
for sure, I definitely don't want water damage. The tile is a little dated, not bad, but I won't miss it if we update the look.

I don’t know why, but this thread gave me the urge to bang my wife in the shower tonight.
babby old enough to bang the wife yet? how are they doing?

but yes, I banged the wife in the shower a few nights ago after we got out of the jet tub :boink:

Reactions: AndyP

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan