Hotness in home safes?

RLiu818

Mar 22, 2000
Southern California
Mainly for burglary and fire protection. No flooding risk. My house is small enough where it won’t take long for a burglar to search every space in a relatively short amount of time so I am relying more on weight rather than concealment to be the deterrent.

infinite97

superior attitude, superior state of mind
Sep 18, 2001
Vancouver, WA
And the weight of the safe is nearly meaningless. It needs to be bolted into studs and / or concrete to offer any decent theft protection.

Bugalu

OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2003
Nashville
Honestly it comes down to how much protection you want.....

buddy had a 800lb safe and they put it on a comforter and slid that shit right out the door.

how much you wanna spend?

amill94

OT ELITE iirc
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Honestly it comes down to how much protection you want.....

buddy had a 800lb safe and they put it on a comforter and slid that shit right out the door.

how much you wanna spend?

He didn't bolt it to the floor and wall? lmao

wait*what

OT Supporter
Mar 8, 2007
Houston, TX
tenor.gif

Reactions: michael

sp00n155

You underestimate the insignificance of my penis
Jan 30, 2006
Huntsville, AL
are you looking for a gun safe or a document/jewelry safe?

anything you're gunna get from a box store can be broken into with basic tools in about 10 minutes. buy one with the best fire rating in the size you need and bolt it to the floor+walls in the most inconvenient and awkward spot possible

TS
TS
RLiu818

RLiu818

Mar 22, 2000
Southern California
If you have a slab foundation do a floor safe..

Are you referring to the ones that are below the ground level? I like those but I’m concerned the foundation would be compromised with the drilling required. I know my concrete slab has tension wires. I thought those are best before concrete is poured.

Type2

Suck my Amex
OT Supporter
Apr 26, 2002
Porky's
Are you referring to the ones that are below the ground level? I like those but I’m concerned the foundation would be compromised with the drilling required. I know my concrete slab has tension wires. I thought those are best before concrete is poured.

a small in ground safe won’t compromise the foundation.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan