Housing market is too far gone.

Leonard Washington

Aug 15, 2004
for all us 'muricans complaining about house prices, we don't have it nearly as bad as our northern neighbors.

imagine paying 2.5M for a house that needs massive renovations :rofl:

I am so fucking fortunate my deal went down the way it did in early 2021. You can’t get into my neighborhood for under 700k right now and shit is absolutely WILDIN

TheEvil1

Hell is other people
OT Supporter
Jul 4, 2003
BFE NY
Do people suggest getting a survey done before closing? Currently talking to a surveyor and he's quoting the following:

Field work = $495
Certified Drafted Plat = $240

How useful is getting this done?
depending on what you are buying yes its worth doing

last one i did on property we own cost 10x that

• Wow
Reactions: monolith

TheEvil1

Hell is other people
OT Supporter
Jul 4, 2003
BFE NY
cause its like 50 acres of bullshit terrain and he was bushwacking around for weeks trying to figure out property markers from records from 300 years ago that were like "the 2 round rocks next to the downed tree and the deer skull marks the eastern boundary"

aslo neighbors who would not cooperate because they feared we were gonna sell to some big developer or some crap

Diesel66

OT Supporter
Feb 20, 2005
Kc
cause its like 50 acres of bullshit terrain and he was bushwacking around for weeks trying to figure out property markers from records from 300 years ago that were like "the 2 round rocks next to the downed tree and the deer skull marks the eastern boundary"

aslo neighbors who would not cooperate because they feared we were gonna sell to some big developer or some crap
Turn left where old man Johnson's barn was

• Haha
Reactions: saabguy

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US
3Tu54Hn.gif

Chazzworth

Current title:
May 25, 2001
CA
@monolith I also suggest the survey. I know of a instance when 6 acre property one of the neighbors was taking a rather large portion of the property for his horses that was not even close to accurate.

monolith

Hey, Herbie! How's life? Taking forever.
OT Supporter
May 9, 2004
Southern California
@monolith I also suggest the survey. I know of a instance when 6 acre property one of the neighbors was taking a rather large portion of the property for his horses that was not even close to accurate.
Yea, we are definitely doing it. Already have it tentatively scheduled, just waiting to hear back about the change in sale price based off the appraisal. Can't go further with it since the 50% deposit is non-refundable.

Reactions: Chazzworth

KGB ate my bread

EVERYTHING IS FINE
OT Supporter
Mar 15, 2005
Louisiana
Do people suggest getting a survey done before closing? Currently talking to a surveyor and he's quoting the following:

Field work = $495
Certified Drafted Plat = $240

How useful is getting this done?
What kind of property? Reasons for concern for survey? Something weird in the title report?

Also, price ain't too bad.

zizi

OT Supporter
Jan 11, 2005
:bigthumb: still midlo area?
yep

Checked out the elementary school and it ends at 4PM then a bus takes them home so they won't be home until like 4:30. In Irvine their elementary school ends at 2:20 for 1st - 3rd grade and there is no bus so going to be a lot easier for us.

Also like a 16:1 Teacher/Student ratio compared to 26:1 at their Irvine school

Reactions: Muddy Waters

KGB ate my bread

EVERYTHING IS FINE
OT Supporter
Mar 15, 2005
Louisiana
Just a normal single family home on a ~.5 acre lot. No reasons at all, just asked if we wanted one from the title company.
ah, gotcha. You might find a minor fence encroachment then or possibly a corner that's off. Little will change.

Good to have though if you ever plan on doing any additions or work on the home, or are looking to have a shed put on the property, as your plat will probably call out setbacks to building lines, etc. I was gonna make a comment about flood zones, but you're in So Cal, so I wouldn't be as concerned

monolith

OT Supporter
May 9, 2004
Southern California
ah, gotcha. You might find a minor fence encroachment then or possibly a corner that's off. Little will change.

Good to have though if you ever plan on doing any additions or work on the home, or are looking to have a shed put on the property, as your plat will probably call out setbacks to building lines, etc. I was gonna make a comment about flood zones, but you're in So Cal, so I wouldn't be as concerned
Thanks. Moving to VA. Nothing behind the house except a creek and forest and the people to the left and right are nicely distanced and nothing encroaching on the property.

Jim Lahey

OT Supporter
Sep 23, 2003
Virginia
I bought a home with a fence 3 feet onto my neighbor's property. But the previous owners or previous previous owners have had some agreement that the owner will cede back the property if the fence ever needs to be replaced. It's weird? Hopefully never have to though, the fence is metal at least.

kwhitelaw

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2004
virginia
Wow the sellers just agreed to the home price being lowered because of the appraisal, fuck yea. Like a 35k discount.
Shit they'd prolly be a better position to just put it back on the market and get a higher offer with hopefully an appraisal waiver

Good on you, good on the listing agent prolly just wanting to be over with it and convincing the sellers to reduce

monolith

OT Supporter
May 9, 2004
Southern California

Ok, this makes a lot more sense and honestly ~7k seems low lol

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448