Housing market is too far gone.

mdaniel

S is for Shiksa
May 6, 2000
NW Mejicooooooo
On my street 5 houses have been sold in the last 45 days. One just listed yesterday for $900k. Sold in feb 2020 new for $445k. Doubling your money in 2 years is hard to turn down, plus with interest rates going up and a possible recession looming it’s probably the smart thing to do.

But unless you plan on fucking blue haired chicks in a bus at the beach, most sellers will have to buy or at least rent something at overinflated prices.

Sp33dealer

Bully Troll Crew
Aug 3, 2005
DFW
On my street 5 houses have been sold in the last 45 days. One just listed yesterday for $900k. Sold in feb 2020 new for $445k. Doubling your money in 2 years is hard to turn down, plus with interest rates going up and a possible recession looming it’s probably the smart thing to do.
Didn’t you move to Idaho? Who the fuck is paying that much to live there

CraneCamsOU

Sep 1, 2003
here it depends….. got a lot of land? Yea I’d get one.

In an established neighborhood? Nah unless your adding a fence or something.

I’ve sold easily over 200 houses, I’ve never had someone get a survey 🤷🏻‍♂️
Yeah I was surprised when we had to get a survey for a 1.2 acre property in CO. It’s in a rural development that’s about 40-50yrs old, and probably 20% of the lots have some structure

Reactions: Bugalu

zizi

OT Supporter
Jan 11, 2005
I now know like 4 families who have moved or are in process of moving to tennessee.

I wonder how long it will take to get tired of it :mamoru:
lower cost of living
more reliable water supply
no state income tax and no SDI 1.1% tax
not illegal to throw food waste in the garbage can

who knows

Reactions: Muddy Waters

zizi

OT Supporter
Jan 11, 2005
It looks like a suburb in a metro of 1M people. Is it really a bad thing if your little town itself isn't a destination?

After living in SoCal for over 15 years I'd give that a resounding no. Especially with school busses that don't cost extra and class sizes that are 16 to 1 compared to 26 to 1 at our school in Irvine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Muddy Waters

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448