Housing market is too far gone.

Muddy Waters

Pronouns: They/Them
OT Supporter
Dec 12, 2007
Southern California
I wanted a newer home but ended up buying a home built in the 80s. The plus side is that it's on almost an acre of land.
That's what I ended doing

Hated 60s 70s homes because of low ceilings, no windows, but liked the 3 car garage and land

Hated new construction because small driveways, no land, small two car garages.

Ended up going with a 80s home that had most of what I wanted

kwhitelaw

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2004
virginia
Getting ready to flip a fairly rough long term rental client house to active tomorrow and I'm scared.. wish we could have done it 2 months ago but we couldn't get the tenant out

Reactions: Muddy Waters

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV
Mathematical average vs median is a tough compare. Top drags the first one up a lot.
let's be real. How many times have you looked at a house for sale and said "who the fuck is paying these prices?"
In the last couple years its been more times than I can count. And I'm considered "upper middle-class" on the wage-scale.

Reactions: DaninTexas

Subliminal012

OT Supporter
Oct 13, 2002
San Francisco, CA
let's be real. How many times have you looked at a house for sale and said "who the fuck is paying these prices?"
In the last couple years its been more times than I can count. And I'm considered "upper middle-class" on the wage-scale.
A lot of good timing I've seen anecdotally, cash out tech stock and buy your 10-15 year home before they got rug pulled.

Reactions: Hisma

calisteph6

May 5, 2005
KRAPROOM
61-m5AdbLYL._SL1500_.jpg
Is this not a swinger thing?

10dementianal

Mar 29, 2007
Is this not a swinger thing?
Having dropped in at Disney on a work trip a few weeks ago to have dinner with my 7 and 4 year old cousin, it is very real and very far from a swinger thing.. Grown ass adults at Disneyland sipping on $20 margaritas, blew my fucking mind.

Menger

OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2011
Oh, a lot. But you can make that point without committing a chart crime.

Muddy Waters

Pronouns: They/Them
OT Supporter
Dec 12, 2007
Southern California
Gonna hold off on buying a lennar home, see how it plays out

El Beaner

Whale wrangler extraordinaire
OT Supporter
Jul 18, 2002
Dallas, TX

My old job at Caliber Home loans did this last year (affected me). I was a loan processor for refinance.

I moved back to mortgage default claims with another company now cause that's about to ramp up and explode probably in the next 12-18months.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sandy Lyle