FOOD How are we doing our turkeys this year?

TheRightToRemainSilent

Long-Legged Mack Daddy
Mar 31, 2001
a trash can
A proper roasted or fried turk is amazing. Too many folks overcook the breast and don't cook the dark meat long enough.

spatchcocked usually takes care of that issue and cooks more evenly

you can do a huge birb in like 3 hours or less

protip: buy a sprayer of "i can't believe it's not butter" and hit your turkey with a spritz every 30 minutes or so....really adds to the crispyness of the skin

TheRightToRemainSilent

Long-Legged Mack Daddy
Mar 31, 2001
a trash can
Just got done assembling
View attachment 278444

these things work.

the hard part is cleaning the "cage" afterwards....also, buy a drop in throw away pan for the little thing in the bottom

also, don't forget to coat the inside with some oil and burn it in properly.

and maybe also get a thermometer of some sort that you can leave in there to monitor the temp.....oh yeah, only put the lid on for the last little bit, i know its meshy but the lid will crisp the skin as advertised

Reactions: AstroBackyard

uncle rucktardo

hey y'all
OT Supporter
Dec 8, 2004
drifting and dreaming
Just got a wild bird. It came in a bit early, so it might get roasted in a day or two. As usual my wife will pick up food from our friend's restaurant on Thanksgiving anyway. Ham, turkey, prime rib and all the sides.

TS
TS
Jesus

Jesus

OT Supporter
Sep 13, 2005
Jupiter, FL
spatchcocked usually takes care of that issue and cooks more evenly

you can do a huge birb in like 3 hours or less

protip: buy a sprayer of "i can't believe it's not butter" and hit your turkey with a spritz every 30 minutes or so....really adds to the crispyness of the skin
Not retard pro tip: buy a stick of I can believe it's real butter and rub it all over your bird every 30 minutes if you don't know what you're doing

Wtf bro 🤣😂🤣😂

Reactions: Scoob_13

Weapon X

Sep 5, 2001
Not retard pro tip: buy a stick of I can believe it's real butter and rub it all over your bird every 30 minutes if you don't know what you're doing

Wtf bro 🤣😂🤣😂
Dude bought an F250 GASSER. What do you expect?

• Haha
Reactions: Jesus

Phx Cobra

Jul 18, 2006
AZ
Cajun wet brine for 30hrs.
dry rub salt, garlic, paprika, oregano, thyme.
Smoke with cherry/oak/pecan blend at 275 until 135degrees, spritzing occasionally with ACV.
Cover in butter and wrap in foil.
Smoke wrapped at 300-350 until 170.

• Love
Reactions: Jesus
TS
TS
Jesus

Jesus

OT Supporter
Sep 13, 2005
Jupiter, FL
Ordered pre-made.

Not feeling a lot of cooking this year.
The past 2 years I've had to cook for over 20 on Thanksgiving. Don't have to cook at all this year, gf's dad is coming for the three of us. I'm just gonna make a turkey and stuffing for the hell of it, and cause it's super cheap right now. Might try some cranberry sauce from scratch too, just cause. Cause I don't have to cook for anyone but us 🤤

Reactions: victor77

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman