FOOD How are we doing our turkeys this year?

victor77

Internet Crew
OT Supporter
Mar 13, 2011
Internets
The past 2 years I've had to cook for over 20 on Thanksgiving. Don't have to cook at all this year, gf's dad is coming for the three of us. I'm just gonna make a turkey and stuffing for the hell of it, and cause it's super cheap right now. Might try some cranberry sauce from scratch too, just cause. Cause I don't have to cook for anyone but us 🤤
We usually make food for lots of people too, this year its just the 2 of us so we aren’t doing anything much. I will make some sides I love but that’s about it.

Reactions: Jesus
TS
TS
Jesus

Jesus

OT Supporter
Sep 13, 2005
Jupiter, FL
We usually make food for lots of people too, this year its just the 2 of us so we aren’t doing anything much. I will make some sides I love but that’s about it.
I'm making the pavochon because I want to try my take on it, and turkeys were less than $.50/lb. So I bought a 20 lber and a 6 lber for another time.

Reactions: victor77

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Howdy Arabia
In the form of short ribs.

Although my mom is bringing two turkey rolls - turkey breast filleted and then rolled with filling.

Can’t remember the flavors she said but the one she brought last year was a hit.

k9style

Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the sou
Jun 11, 2001
To me it doesn't matter how you cook it... It's always the second, third and forth days that are the best. The actual Thanksgiving meal there is just too much food. I feel like such a fat bastard when I'm done. Although nap time is pretty awesome. But day 2 is sandwiches, open face with all the fixings, day 3 and 4 are my favorite... pure soup.

Reactions: Jesus

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia

Scroder

Mar 3, 2007
Oregon
However the brother in law cooks it. I've been out turkey hunting 3 times and no luck, hope to get one next week. I'll breast it out, brine in a citrus mixture, wrap in bacon, and throw on the smoker.

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Howdy Arabia
CAB89511-C9AC-4902-BB58-58CF4C652946.jpeg

Short rib right out of the oven. It’s getting to know the flavors tonight and will heat up tomorrow. That’s 7lb 13oz of short rib and 1.5 liters of wine, and the braising liquid gets reduced and combined with 1.5liters of port that’s been reduced to .75 cups.

Smells so obnoxiously good in the house and I still need to make the cranberry sauce and get the roll dough cold proving.

• Love
Reactions: Jesus and DasVWBabe

Boomdart

OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2005
I only learned about spatchcocking through Bob's Burgers.

And I have not tried it. Cooking a turkey is hard and I'm not doing it. Other people are very very happy to share theirs. When it comes time for me to share, what do I offer? Cornbread. Cornbread muffins. I can make those. I can make a lot of those. I have a cheat sheet too. It's a 24 cup pan. 24 fucking cup cakes at a time. I wish I had two. I need to get another.

I like cornbread muffins. I like cornbread. Ever put maple syrup on cornbread? Pretty good.

Cashishift

Dec 12, 2000
Omaha, NE
Cooking it in the Big Easy - 20 lber from costco.. guessing it's actually more like 18 after we take the neck and all the bullshit out. will shove some lemon slices under the skin.. along with a poultry mix compound butter that I'll slather around it.

My BIL is smoking one. He gave me no other information.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman