How big is OT's no children crew?

fatmoocow

bored
OT Supporter
Aug 27, 2002
the intarweb
I bought a $4,000 guitar few weeks ago. Ask one of my bros why he's always looking at shitty guitars and never buys anything nice.

Oh my daughter knocks my guitar over, about every day.

• Barf
Reactions: yonson

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN
Prob decided around 29.

It’s a weird thing if being srs.

Like I’m glad I have tons of money, can do whatever I want, travel whenever, but every so often I figure it would be cool to have a lil dude or girl.

At 39 I don’t get that feeling anymore but I def did at 34ish.

I have a tiny doggie now and she’s my everything.
#dogmom

Reactions: Wolf

Sean6293

OT Supporter
Jan 11, 2006
Newburgh, NY
didn't think i wanted any, but now i have 2 boys 4 and 7. wouldn't change it for the world.

they are a handful though and can be a pain in the ass (and my kids are pretty well behaved)

Sailor Jerry

Nov 13, 2007
Dirtona Beach
34. No kids. Never wanted kids. Neither of my sisters want or have kids either.

Kinda starting to wonder who I'm gonna leave all my shit to though.

G-man

Nov 15, 2001
CO
No kids crew, not that i didn't want any before, in fact i always thought that I would have kids but life just didn't work out that way

Boots

I'm wearing a disguise
Jul 2, 2001
🇨🇦
No kids, about to be pretty rich, probably start traveling a lot, no responsibilities. Just like sitting on boats and shit from here on out.

I can't imaging destroying that.

Seeing the smile on your kids face as you let him/her take the wheel of your boat will make you feel a love that you've never imagined possible before :o

OT Supporter
Dec 27, 2007
FL
No kids yet. I am trying to conceive at 33 but it's been a struggle. I waver lately on whether it's worth it due to the state of the world. Had almost decided against it by last Fall but was quite overcome by my grandma's passing. Just a sense that I have too much love left to give, to pour into someone other than my partner. So we'll see.

fatmoocow

bored
OT Supporter
Aug 27, 2002
the intarweb
A lot of people say that a $4,000 guitar is just as good as a lifelong bond with someone you helped create out of nothing.
Ya I don't have just one $4,000 guitar though. I have an entire lifestyle of freedom which allows me to do basically anything I want all of the time.

Moreover I have plenty of lifelong bonds with friends that I have time for because I'm not spending every waking minute dealing with children and their bullshit.

Hell if you make friends with younger people, you can teach them all kinds of shit just like children but you don't have to wipe their asses.

Reactions: yonson and Bugalu
TS
TS
MarylandTerps

MarylandTerps

Sep 9, 2011
St. Petersburg (not Russia)
Sort of separate question, but at what point is too old to become a father? Having a kid at 40 makes you 58 when they graduate high school, when does it become unfair to the kid considering you're getting up there in years and likely won't be around super long

Samcanadian

Said Amazon
Jul 30, 2005
Winnipeg
Sort of separate question, but at what point is too old to become a father? Having a kid at 40 makes you 58 when they graduate high school, when does it become unfair to the kid considering you're getting up there in years and likely won't be around super long
I think it's more on your wife than you tbh. Higher risks with an older woman having kids, but honestly you can be a great parent with good energy levels right up until you're 58 as far as I'm concerned. You'll be an older Dad at their graduation, but who cares.

Publius

Professor of Triggerednometry
Jan 16, 2004
Big D by the Trinity
In, gonna be 37 in a month and a half and still not interested in having kids. I thought I wanted kids and stressed that I was avoiding it, then my mom died and I realized I only wanted them to give her grandkids. With her gone, all the pressure I'd put on myself regarding kids completely disappeared. :hs:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marsillpost