How big is OT's no children crew?

Publius

Professor of Triggerednometry
Jan 16, 2004
Big D by the Trinity
Sort of separate question, but at what point is too old to become a father? Having a kid at 40 makes you 58 when they graduate high school, when does it become unfair to the kid considering you're getting up there in years and likely won't be around super long
lots of guys have kids into their 40s. :dunno:

Samcanadian

Said Amazon
Jul 30, 2005
Winnipeg
Ya I don't have just one $4,000 guitar though. I have an entire lifestyle of freedom which allows me to do basically anything I want all of the time.

Moreover I have plenty of lifelong bonds with friends that I have time for because I'm not spending every waking minute dealing with children and their bullshit.

Hell if you make friends with younger people, you can teach them all kinds of shit just like children but you don't have to wipe their asses.
That's right, and that's probably appealing right now. Heck, I wish I was able to do certain things however I wanted too, but my wife recently left home with the kids to visit her parents in Alaska for two weeks, and after a day in an empty house I'm already missing them. They're loud, they're intrusive and they demand constant care, but there's not enough $4,000 guitars in the world that I'd trade for them. If you don't have kids, you will never, ever be able to understand the bond and enjoyment you get from your children. There's nothing to compare it to.

Samcanadian

Said Amazon
Jul 30, 2005
Winnipeg
interesting. I knew it wouldn't be as serious as what I imagine happens with women, but figured it'd be more than the "meh" feeling I have now
Wife wanted kids. I was like "Well, I guess we wanted kids. now's as good of a time as any".

I was expecting to have some kind of revelation or wake up one morning with a real burning desire. All that happens was she went off birth control and we porked more often certain times of the month and then all of a sudden we have two car seats and a 7 seater Hyundai.

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
No kids, originally I was purely "child free" crew, the wife and I have agreed that we will never have a baby but after our new house is built and we're settled we're going to look into adoption.

I have 9 nieces and nephews, she has 7, so there's very little worry about continuing our bloodline, her family has a history of truly horrific pregnancies that she'd rather avoid, and neither of us really enjoys being around infants or toddlers.

So we're looking at a 4-7yo since those ones tend to have a harder time being adopted since everyone wants babies. :hsd:

fatmoocow

bored
OT Supporter
Aug 27, 2002
the intarweb
Never having to pay for dating, marriage, kids, college, divorce lawyer, alimony, and child support sure saves one a lot of money.
God damn, I've had to watch one of my bros life destroyed by this cunt.

Talks him into having kids when he definitely wasn't ready because her clock was ticking.

Stops having sex with him because she's afraid of getting covid.

Takes kids and moves.

He leaves a great job to travel across the country and find a new job where she lives.

He pays 2 grand in insurance a month for her, gives her cash every week. She tries to get full custody. Basically only sees his kids on weekends.

Has the opportunity to work for the best sports ball team, which will change his life, isn't sure he can take the job due to travel because of the kids.

Ya, he gets his oxytosin from seeing his kids and they're great, but this dude's life is fucking over now, and his kids will be raised by a psychopath woman.

ERock

I'm not a cat
OT Supporter
Jan 9, 2002
SoCal
Planned on having a kid. But things/health changed with my wife. So that's not going to happen. We just spoil my niece and my friend's kids.

Deep down I regret not try/having earlier.... But I keep that buried inside me.

Samcanadian

Said Amazon
Jul 30, 2005
Winnipeg
God damn, I've had to watch one of my bros life destroyed by this cunt.

Talks him into having kids when he definitely wasn't ready because her clock was ticking.

Stops having sex with him because she's afraid of getting covid.

Takes kids and moves.

He leaves a great job to travel across the country and find a new job where she lives.

He pays 2 grand in insurance a month for her, gives her cash every week. She tries to get full custody. Basically only sees his kids on weekends.

Has the opportunity to work for the best sports ball team, which will change his life, isn't sure he can take the job due to travel because of the kids.

Ya, he gets his oxytosin from seeing his kids and they're great, but this dude's life is fucking over now, and his kids will be raised by a psychopath woman.
This is called being in a bad relationship. It has literally nothing to do with kids.

Reactions: Colleen

N8

Dec 27, 2001
Canada
No kids here btw, no regrets.

We have two dogs who are wonderful, occupy our time and soak up all the love.

Meat Popsicle

You're stewed, butt wad!
OT Supporter
Apr 26, 2002
The Middle
I'm 40 and wife is 36. No kids. I had a vasectomy about 8 years ago.

giphy.gif

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
Anyone else in #nokids crew family like weirdly invested in them having kids that they jump on any possibility of it happening or just get pushy about it?

Like we told one of the SIL's about our plans on Father's Day and out of complete left field she asked "well what do you think about getting a surrogate since you want to avoid the pregnancy?"

When we said that we'd then have to deal with an infant and toddler she then broke out "Well I'll raise it for the first 4 years for you!"

Her poor husband just goes "DO I HAVE A SAY IN THIS?!" (they have 4 daughters) :rofl2:

She finally relented when we pointed out that rather than adding more kids to the world we'd like to help one in need already. :o

Meat Popsicle

You're stewed, butt wad!
OT Supporter
Apr 26, 2002
The Middle
Anyone else in #nokids crew family like weirdly invested in them having kids that they jump on any possibility of it happening or just get pushy about it?

Like we told one of the SIL's about our plans on Father's Day and out of complete left field she asked "well what do you think about getting a surrogate since you want to avoid the pregnancy?"

When we said that we'd then have to deal with an infant and toddler she then broke out "Well I'll raise it for the first 4 years for you!"

Her poor husband just goes "DO I HAVE A SAY IN THIS?!" (they have 4 daughters) :rofl2:

She finally relented when we pointed out that rather than adding more kids to the world we'd like to help one in need already. :o

I've been lucky in that both my parents and in-laws don't mention it. I'm sure they would like grandkids but they have never pushed for it or even asked.

Reactions: amalgamas

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marsillpost