How big is OT's no children crew?

Fanya

OT Supporter
Jun 23, 2005
If there’s one purpose to our existence, it is to procreate, right?

Maybe the reason some folks don’t want kids is because that’s just evolution’s way of ridding them from the gene pool :mamoru2:
Evolution currently working on bringing the average IQ down.

Reactions: Wolf

Mazy D.

Ukrainian OG
Oct 10, 2000
Canada
protip: no man ever has a burning desire to have kids. dont think baby fever is something you need to have.
I don't know if i would call it a burning desire, but i always knew I'd have kids and that my life would be incomplete without them. When i proposed to get married, having kids was a mandatory part of the deal.

Reactions: BStork

Do it To it

Only thing I hate more than kids is an empty glass
OT Supporter
Mar 5, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
32 years old.

Don't have kids.

Never wanted kids.

Will never want kids.

Won't ever have kids.

Gf is on board, at least she claims.

Should just bite the bullet and get snipped to see if she sticks around.

Have 5 sisters. Will presumably have plenty of nieces and nephews. If I ever want to be in a kids life at least I'll have the option to give the fucker back at the end of the night or weekend.

The Grand Inquisitor

Mar 14, 2005
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
32 years old.

Don't have kids.

Never wanted kids.

Will never want kids.

Won't even have kids.

Gf is on board, at least she claims.

Should just bite the bullet and get snipped to see if she sticks around.

Have 5 sisters. Will presumably have plenty of nieces and nephews. If I ever want to be in a kids life at least I'll have the option to give the fucker back at the end of the night or weekend.
I’m just gonna say it’s possible you’d change your mind.

I was not ready at your age either.

Dr. Mike

yes
OT Supporter
Apr 3, 2020
San Diego
Yep. 10+ years with my SO

No kids forever

We were just talking about the cats. My argument is every year that we spend with them we need one year with no pets. So I want 10-15 years minimum with no pets lol

They’re fine and all but no need to have them

Do it To it

OT Supporter
Mar 5, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
I’m just gonna say it’s possible you’d change your mind.

I was not ready at your age either.
I don't think you understand my disdain towards them.

I don't like them.

I think they're loud an obnoxious and dirty and annoying and stressful and expensive and way too much work.

I don't see that changing anytime soon. Check my user text :hsugh:

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
No kids yet. I am trying to conceive at 33 but it's been a struggle. I waver lately on whether it's worth it due to the state of the world. Had almost decided against it by last Fall but was quite overcome by my grandma's passing. Just a sense that I have too much love left to give, to pour into someone other than my partner. So we'll see.
:hug:

I know that struggle, and I'm sorry. It's rough. We had a traumatic loss when I was 34 and then struggled for the next 4 years. Decided on my 38th birthday that the mental pain wasn't worth it, so spent our IVF money on a car. We had made our peace with being a childfree couple -we had been traveling extensively for the 13 prior years of our relationship and I feel like that really solidified our relationship. Maybe we would have been really happy without them. But parenthood is not without its incredible highs and lows.

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
Bro it'll be a miracle if I make it past 42.

You think I'm gonna get a burning desire to knock up my SO in my late 30's?

Doubtful.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I am in no way suggesting you should ever EVER have kids if you don't want them. Get snipped if you're 100% serious and see if the GF sticks around but talk, at length, before you do anything permanent.

In only 5 years, I went from 34 to 39 completely changing my path from international world traveler to covered in spit up and it was 100% not me driving that train.

I will also say this; having children opens you up to a level of deeper engagement with your feelings you've never before experienced. Grief hits WAY harder after kids. But so does love. And joy.

• Support
Reactions: Jim Lahey

The Grand Inquisitor

Mar 14, 2005
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I am in no way suggesting you should ever EVER have kids if you don't want them. Get snipped if you're 100% serious and see if the GF sticks around but talk, at length, before you do anything permanent.

In only 5 years, I went from 34 to 39 completely changing my path from international world traveler to covered in spit up and it was 100% not me driving that train.

I will also say this; having children opens you up to a level of deeper engagement with your feelings you've never before experienced. Grief hits WAY harder after kids. But so does love. And joy.

im pretty sure I remember telling you like 6 years ago how ridiculous the thoughts of marriage or ever having kids were to me. :hsd:

• Support
Reactions: DasVWBabe

Mazy D.

Ukrainian OG
Oct 10, 2000
Canada

I agree about deeper feelings, but also a sense of meaning. I mean once i die there is really nothing else to live beyond me. I didn't create any art or music, I didn't make scientific or social progress. Sure, i enjoyed my life, but it had very little meaning.

Do it To it

OT Supporter
Mar 5, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA

tenor.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Msds