TECH How come...

Rubberducky

Jun 26, 2006
There are people that can get cracks to work, for games like lets say civilization 4(mac version), but can not explain it in a detailed manner. They throw a bunch of words around, say it works and presto! This is really bugging me.... and i know some people will bitch "just go buy the game" blah blah blah blah, but i would like to see it work properly before i dropped meaningless money. Especially when its a game ported by the company Aspyr. So if anyone could please teach me how to correctly install cracks that would be amazing

CodeX

Its kind of like trying to tell someone how to walk in a detailed manner... theres not much to explain and if you can't replace a file with another file you are retarded.

CodeX

Its just like our Macs..."it just works".

1. The Mac... It just works
filler-black.gif

This is maybe the ultimate reason a mac owner will give you to explain why it's superior to a PC. The mac owner will tell you that all people that own macs are really satisfied with their computers and would never switch back. This is ofcourse not true. If you read our Real stories you will find all kinds of interesting stories about owning a mac.
filler.gif
The mac owner will also tell you that with a system from Apple you will never have to think about drivers, upgrades or anything. A mac is perfection itself when delivered. Atleast according to their standard. Many mac:s can't even be upgraded. So what you buy is what you get. Expect your system to be outdated within 1-2 years.
filler.gif
Apple also states: "Only with a Mac do you get an operating system built by the same people who built the computer it runs on.". Actually Apple's Mac OS X (the operating system) is not based on their own technology, but by the technology of freeBSD. Apple's own capabilities in form of creating an operating system have been demonstrated in previous versions of Mac OS. It took an operating system based on someone else's technology to get a Mac multitasking and not behaving like an oversized pocket calculator from 1985.

:bowdown:

DouggieJ

OT Supporter
Nov 1, 2007
New York, NY USA
I once cracked a Mac game when I was in college taking a course in MC68000 assembly language. After a while of going through it step by step I found where it branched depending on whether you entered the correct response to its challenge. I changed it from a conditional branch to an unconditional branch and fixed the alignment with NOP commands.

CodeX

I once cracked a Mac game when I was in college taking a course in MC68000 assembly language. After a while of going through it step by step I found where it branched depending on whether you entered the correct response to its challenge. I changed it from a conditional branch to an unconditional branch and fixed the alignment with NOP commands.

lol nice, as an embedded developer I can relate to this... But I think the OP was asking how to apply an existing crack :mamoru:

TS
TS
Rubberducky

Rubberducky

Jun 26, 2006
i have civ 4 cracked, and it works :dunno:

can you please tell me how you did it, I dragged the crack into the civ 4 folder but it dosnt do anything, if i click the game it asks for a cd if i click the crack i get an error, that is my issue..

TS
TS
Rubberducky

Rubberducky

Jun 26, 2006
go buy the game. it isn't meaningless money. stop being a thief.

I have bought 4 games from aspyr, and all 4 were meaningless money :ugh: Some of thier games do not run well on an intel mac, i need to know this does dirka dirka

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan