How do I bypass the Windows Login/Password box on Startup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hillside Strangler

The first one's free. The next one goes in your m
Apr 19, 2006
For some reason, the Windows login box began to appear, Account name was Administrator, and no password, so all I had to do was click "OK" and windows would start up.

I changed my settings to prevent the box from appearing and to log onto windows automatically on startup. But now when I restart the computer, the box is still there and now it says "Unable to Log You on because of an Account Restriction"

I never set a password, but it is acting like I did. I can't get in Windows now.

:noes::confused:

Reactions: frankelefritzsux

Oct 17, 2004
New England
if you can't get in windows, good luck

but once you get in one time, install tweakui or powertools (I forget which) to bypass the login

TS
TS
Hillside Strangler

Hillside Strangler

Apr 19, 2006
I never even set a password, I left it blank. I'd hate to re-install windows.

On the Microsoft site, they recommend getting in through safe mode? I'm gonna give that a shot when I get home.

retorq

What up bitch??
Dec 14, 2006
Mohave Desert
Acct restriction doesn't automatically mean you have a password set. If you think it's a password issue you can get one of those boot CDs that removes passwords. I have one or two floating around here ...

TS
TS
Hillside Strangler

Hillside Strangler

Apr 19, 2006
XP yeah, but as far as a boot disk goes, another problem I was having is that my DVD/RW drive doesn't recognize when a disk is in the drive :mad:

I had Nero 7 from years ago that hadn't been updated, so I removed it thinking that might be the problem and when I restarted the PC, I found out I had password problems.

retorq

What up bitch??
Dec 14, 2006
Mohave Desert
It's PROBABLY that windows update from a few months ago that disabled optical media drives ... we had about 50 here at work that did that. It didn't effect the usage outside windows though .. we were still able to boot from them.

Reactions: ERock

BlazinBlazer Guy

Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.
Jul 24, 2002
Lansing, MI USA
XP yeah, but as far as a boot disk goes, another problem I was having is that my DVD/RW drive doesn't recognize when a disk is in the drive :mad:

I had Nero 7 from years ago that hadn't been updated, so I removed it thinking that might be the problem and when I restarted the PC, I found out I had password problems.

Can you boot from a USB flash drive? Might be able to go that route if you have to.

TS
TS
Hillside Strangler

Hillside Strangler

Apr 19, 2006
I got it by starting windows in Safe Mode, then disabling all other user accounts and forcing it to boot under the Administrator account...

Now the DVD drive is another story.

TS
TS
Hillside Strangler

Hillside Strangler

Apr 19, 2006
It's PROBABLY that windows update from a few months ago that disabled optical media drives ... we had about 50 here at work that did that. It didn't effect the usage outside windows though .. we were still able to boot from them.

:rly:

deusexaethera

OT Supporter
Jan 27, 2005
Who still uses Windows without a password?

1. Always use a password, even if it's "abc".
2. Never use the Administrator account for day-to-day stuff. You need an account that will work right in case you fuck up the account with your name on it.

Reactions: GlassUser

Hnaskersxc

Aug 2, 2017
Who still uses Windows without a password?
Click here to get how to do that ,

1. Always use a password, even if it's "abc".
2. Never use the Administrator account for day-to-day stuff. You need an account that will work right in case you fuck up the account with your name on it.
The login password to simple too dangerous , it should be a little complicated , you don't worry about forget Windows login password . as you said , you will be able to bypass Windows password to access your computer ,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kassile