Not open for further replies.

spankaveli

Jul 23, 2002
LA. State, not City.
I'm probably going to get flamed for this but fuck it. :o

Jan 07 I was 340
by early this year I was 227

now i'm up to about 250 :(

my workouts are fine (or were until i got discouraged by myself) but my eating habits haven't been very good. i'm still eating better than i was before i started this trek but i'm not eating like i need to be.

any suggestions? any hip new recipes or whatever to try to curb my appetite and get me back on track?

help a nigga out otfn :x:

4cd-Air

This user is longer available
Oct 4, 2001
try getting naked in front of a mirror and jumping

happy with what you see?

then go work out

mild83

Oct 12, 2008
The post is kind of vague. Are you having problems w/ the cooking, run out of ideas? Hit a plateau from working out?

Also the idea of jumping in front of a mirror is a great, albeit humorous idea.

Ribbie

OT Supporter
Sep 12, 2004
I know I'm not eating like I should. That is not the question.

Unless you mean simply look at it for myself as some sort of motivation.

No that's the easy answer to your simple question. You eat like a pig and you'll look like a pig. (assuming you're on a decent program)

All I've got from your first post is that you used to be obese. Now you're fat as fuck again and eating away your depression and you've basically given up (again?).

TS
TS
spankaveli

spankaveli

Jul 23, 2002
LA. State, not City.
No that's the easy answer to your simple question. You eat like a pig and you'll look like a pig. (assuming you're on a decent program)

All I've got from your first post is that you used to be obese. Now you're fat as fuck again and eating away your depression and you've basically given up (again?).

i never got unfat, i'm just going back in the opposite direction

you could say eating like a big.

the problem is that i find myself eating shit i know i'm not supposed to be eating but i dont stop myself :squint:

i think maine's idea is probably the best though :o

bigdamray

Jul 18, 2006
Look, I'm going to get fucking flamed for this but here ya go:

1) Write down exactly what you want
2) Turn it into positive affirmations with an exact date for obtaining
3) Say outloud said affirmations every morning and every night
4) Spend 30 minutes per day visualizing your new self in situations and what you will be doing, what others are saying about you and what you would say about yourself
5) Everytime you sit down to eat imagine the food feeding and replenishing your cells in your body and only eat until that has been accomplished
6) Eat to live not live to eat
7) Put a picture of what you want to look like and post it on the fridge and in your bathroom
8) Remember, Arnold said to always stay hungry
9) Being hungry is not your body telling you to eat, it's your body telling you that it's burning fat
10) You are above tempation, tempation only has control over the weak flesh, you control it, you are in control of this life experience

bigdamray

Jul 18, 2006
You can also keep a food log on here, people tend to stay on their diets when they are held accountable.

You also need to reward yourself when you lose weight by buying new clothes not with a cheat meal.

Ribbie

OT Supporter
Sep 12, 2004
i never got unfat, i'm just going back in the opposite direction

you could say eating like a big.

the problem is that i find myself eating shit i know i'm not supposed to be eating but i dont stop myself :squint:

i think maine's idea is probably the best though :o

I just read your log briefly and you did make some serious progress in a year.

All I know is for me, as a fat guy becoming defined, it's all in the diet.

I have the odd shitty meal but it's once a week and in small portion sizes. I can have two slices of pizza now whereas before I'd have 7-8. I COULD eat 7-8 slices still but I just dont need them.

The best advice I can give you is to set measurable, attainable goals. Set a daily, weekly, monthly, and 6 month goal. Write them down and post that shit up wherever you need to see it in your face all the time so you dont forget.

For example, I said in march I wanted to be 200 lbs by Oct 31. I weighed 245 in march and come oct 31 I was 205. So technically I did fail to meet my goal but I almost got to what I thought was impossible for me to do. Now I dont focus on my weight I focus on my results. Run farther, faster and lift heavier.

It's all about baby steps and determination because ultimately its up to you to do it. I go to the gym for ME. Ain't nothin to it but to do it.

Good luck

edit: :rofl: thats a lot of text ib tldr

TS
TS
spankaveli

spankaveli

Jul 23, 2002
LA. State, not City.
Look, I'm going to get fucking flamed for this but here ya go:

1) Write down exactly what you want
2) Turn it into positive affirmations with an exact date for obtaining
3) Say outloud said affirmations every morning and every night
4) Spend 30 minutes per day visualizing your new self in situations and what you will be doing, what others are saying about you and what you would say about yourself
5) Everytime you sit down to eat imagine the food feeding and replenishing your cells in your body and only eat until that has been accomplished
6) Eat to live not live to eat
7) Put a picture of what you want to look like and post it on the fridge and in your bathroom
8) Remember, Arnold said to always stay hungry
9) Being hungry is not your body telling you to eat, it's your body telling you that it's burning fat
10) You are above tempation, tempation only has control over the weak flesh, you control it, you are in control of this life experience

You can also keep a food log on here, people tend to stay on their diets when they are held accountable.

You also need to reward yourself when you lose weight by buying new clothes not with a cheat meal.

I just read your log briefly and you did make some serious progress in a year.

All I know is for me, as a fat guy becoming defined, it's all in the diet.

I have the odd shitty meal but it's once a week and in small portion sizes. I can have two slices of pizza now whereas before I'd have 7-8. I COULD eat 7-8 slices still but I just dont need them.

The best advice I can give you is to set measurable, attainable goals. Set a daily, weekly, monthly, and 6 month goal. Write them down and post that shit up wherever you need to see it in your face all the time so you dont forget.

For example, I said in march I wanted to be 200 lbs by Oct 31. I weighed 245 in march and come oct 31 I was 205. So technically I did fail to meet my goal but I almost got to what I thought was impossible for me to do. Now I dont focus on my weight I focus on my results. Run farther, faster and lift heavier.

It's all about baby steps and determination because ultimately its up to you to do it. I go to the gym for ME. Ain't nothin to it but to do it.

Good luck

edit: :rofl: thats a lot of text ib tldr

:bowdown:

Thanks dudes.

:wavey:

smb is me

May 21, 2008
My advice, get on www.fitday.com so that you can see what you are doing, it will motivate you to stick with it and keep going.

Whenever i start lagging in motivation i'll buy a preworkout shake, No explode, or shotgun, or whatever you want, even if its only placebo it makes me more excited to work out harder.

and more importantly, do what BDR said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan