TECH How do I setup 1 webpage w/ multiple domains (same content)

subwoofer

OT Supporter
Aug 28, 2003
california
Currently running wordpress. I want both www.Website1.com and www.website2.com to show the exact same site. Same wordpress installation, same theme, same content, etc. Wordpress currently supports multiple different sites on one wordpress installation, but not specifically what I am looking for.

Any idea how to do this? I was thinking something with some DNS settings somewhere.. Setup the server to display both domains using the same server path or something

The reason for doing this is I have
www.companyname.com
www.keywordspecificdomain.com

Pepsi1975

Mod of the Year
Jan 6, 2005
Detroit
is the site going to be updated all the time?

if not install wordpress on both domains, customize the theme and install on both, add the content on the one site, export the date and import it on the other sire

dazmanultra

Jun 17, 2002
English Countryside
Apache supports this... just use ServerAlias in the vhost in httpd.conf.

Alternatively if you have a control panel, it will be under 'Parked Domains' (cPanel) or perhaps 'Domain Aliases'.

Major Tom

Mar 10, 2003
England
Best to 301 redirect - having two sites with the same content is going to nullify any positive SEO influence.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor