ART How do you clean the back element of a lens?

MSIGuy

om nom nom nom!
May 30, 2005
Blower + LensPen.

Funny story, a guy comes into where I work with a 70-200 2.8L II complaining that the pictures have specks all over them. I look at the font element and it's flawless, the lens is barely a week old, so I take the mount off and find thousands of little specks of kleenex on the back element and the felt lining the back chamber of the lens! The guy used tissues to clean the rear element of his lens! He said, "it felt soft enough on my nose, I didn't think it would hurt anything."

He asked if I could clean it off for him, I told him, "Sorry... that's going to take hours and hours..." and gave it back to him. :rofl:

jared_IRL

OT Supporter
Feb 12, 2006
it's special only in the fact that it will show any dirt or scratches 100x worse than the front element. so really, if people wanted to use filters to protect anything, it should be the rear element....

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor