LOVE How do you date a woman who's more attractive than you?

WhiteyFordsBlue

Jan 12, 2011
Gonna try to make this short as I can.

So a little back-story, we are casual friends. Say hi here and there, she says stuff to me on facebook on occasion, and vice versa. Live in towns not too far from each other and met a long time ago. So anyway, lately she’s been saying more stuff to me on fb, being a little forward it looked like, and I thought maybe she was hinting at something, but again she was so hot I figured she had enough dudes trying to hook up with her, and wouldn’t be interested in me.

So today, I get a message from her out of the blue saying I should “come help her clean her house and do laundry.” I wrote her a few messages back, then I took that as my in and asked her for her # so we could go out sometime. She responded with a message with just her digits and a few exclamation points after for good measure, I guess: 555-1234!!!!! was how it looked. I know she did have a bf a few months ago, and as long as I’ve known her she’s always had someone, obviously. But she’s 100% single now.

Now to put this in perspective, this girl is a dime! She’s almost too pretty, to where I’m already thinking, “What the hell is this chick talking to me for?” I also don’t think she has many female friends (go figure), and usually just hangs out with her sister. She’s a pretty sweet girl, too, but the one every dude sees and eyeballs without hesitation. I've been places this chick has been and seen it. It's kind of funny to watch, really, every dude looking at her, giving their boys the head nod to look over, then saying "Daaaaaaammmmnnnnn whatttttt'''sss uuuppp??!!??" That's the guy I don't want to act like, but it will be tough. Plus, when we do go out in public, I'm gonna feel like the mother-freaking man!

So anyway, we sent a few messages just catching up some more, and are planning something soon.

So, how should I handle this? I’m sure she gets asked out a lot (from what I understand, most decent looking chicks get slammed on facebook with requests for dates or their number all of the time), and we have some stuff in common and it could turn into something I think, but she is definitely better looking than I am. I’ll be that dude you see with some hot chick and you’re like WTF? And then asking yourself why you didn’t try to hook up with her.

Let me say this: i've got my life together. Great career, own a home, no debt, never been married, no kids, lots of friends, goals, etc. I'm not insecure about any of that at all, I have a good personality which is evident by how many friends I have and how many good things I have in my life. But I am not as attractive as her. I wouldn't kid myself into thinking that. I kind of feel like Seth Rogan in Knocked Up when he's like, "Wow, you're way prettier than me."

I’m gonna play it cool and be myself, but gotta ask:

Fellas, how should I handle an extremely hot chick like this? Any lessons you’ve learned in the past?

Ladies, any suggestions on what not to do?

Last edited:

antihero

OT Supporter
Aug 19, 2002
NYC
Chicks don't care about looks like guys do. Just be cool and confident and treat her like any other girl. Don't let her get away with too much or you look weak

THoC

Feb 5, 2007
be more confident in yourself. i never look at someone i dated as better looking than me. if you go into it all insecure it will turn her off.

you said you have a good personality, maybe she sees that in you and is what she turned on by. run with it and have fun.

TS
TS
WhiteyFordsBlue

WhiteyFordsBlue

Jan 12, 2011
be more confident in yourself. i never look at someone i dated as better looking than me. if you go into it all insecure it will turn her off.

you said you have a good personality, maybe she sees that in you and is what she turned on by. run with it and have fun.

That's what I was thinking. Maybe she's done with the Playboys? Who knows? I'm not gonna get too excited about it until maybe I see something could happen beyond this.

I'm still crushing on single-mom, and this one was way out of left field, but I'm not gonna let this opportunity go by because i'm hoping or wondering about single mom.

THoC

Feb 5, 2007
That's what I was thinking. Maybe she'd done with the Playboys? Who knows? I'm not gonna get too excited about it until maybe I see something could happen beyond this.

I'm still crushing on single-mom, and this one was way out of left field, but I'm not gonna let this opportunity go by because i'm hoping or wondering about single mom.

youre single. play the field. no need to hang up on one chick.

keep us updated dood :wiggle:

Amanda Ann

Jan 31, 2007
FL
If you end up dating her and you really DO think she's more attractive than you, don't be insecure about it. Nothing is a bigger turn off than an insecure man. (So, don't constantly make comments about her being better looking or being able to date anyone she wants to based on her looks.)

Toxica

Mar 10, 2008
IN
he's right. dont get us wrong chicks care about looks and it helps w. initial attraction. but who you are as a person trumps looks alone.

:werd:

I wouldn't want to date an ugly guy. Has to be at least average-looking or better. However, after first meeting someone, personality is going to determine whether or not I will keep seeing them.

TS
TS
WhiteyFordsBlue

WhiteyFordsBlue

Jan 12, 2011
:werd:

I wouldn't want to date an ugly guy. Has to be at least average-looking or better. However, after first meeting someone, personality is going to determine whether or not I will keep seeing them.

Well, if this is true then she atleast finds me somewhat attractive since i've known her for a long time.

Yes and we care about conversation so make sure to talk to her.

This is where I struggle. When is too much? Don't wanna be friend-zoned with talking too much, ya know?

Coottie

BOOMER......SOONER
OT Supporter
Jun 6, 2006
OKC
How do you date a woman who's more attractive than you? You don't.....it's just as simple as that.:mamoru:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor