- Jun 26, 2005
I don't really deal with putting CD's on my computer as Mp3's but my mom got a Zune for xmas and I'm trying to find an easy way for her to put her CD's on the Zune.
i don't know if there is specific zune software you can use, but Windows Media Player can rip cds to mp3 format. i'm running WMP 11 and here is how you can do it:
- click tools -> options
- go to Rip Music tab
- change format from Windows Media Audio to mp3
- slide audio quality slider over at least 1 to the right so it is using 192Kbps at a minimum... 256Kbps would be even better. your mom probably won't notice the difference going to 320Kbps.
- click ok
Now, put a CD in the drive, select the rip button on top (next to Library). I think it'll do it automatically. Then you just need to find the files with the Zune software.
You can do it directly in the Zune software... There's no need to use WMP.
1. Put the cd in the cd tray.
2. Open the Zune program and connect your Zune.
3. Click on disc. The music will be listed there.
4. Click rip at the bottom of the screen.
5. Sync your Zune.
These are the options you have when using the Zune software to rip cd'swill it rip in MP3 format by default though? i wouldn't be surprised if it defaulted to some annoying DRM laden format that isn't portable to other PMPs. it sounds much easier than the WMP way since it is integrated right with the Zune by default, but i would make sure to change the setting to a decent bitrate MP3 file if necessary.