also, let me show you this :o

grillmatescoarseblackpepperflakesaltgrillingseasoning.png

• Wow
Reactions: cooly

pepsi

Cut my life into pieces
Dec 14, 2001
Alberta
preferably medium ground, make patty, fry on pan. only time i might add something is if i bbq, since i learned the hard way you need to add something to keep it from falling through grill.
but then again, it doesn't matter since my bbq was stolen anyways

Mperor

I flow like butterbeer on Diagon streets
OT Supporter
Jun 9, 2003
Seattle
Patty ground beef. Grill on medium for 8 min. Flip. Grill for 5 min. Add cheese, grill for another 3 min.

Fin

Basic but everyone love it.

RotorBalls

Sep 8, 2000
RBWH
You don’t know how good you once had it living in Nebraska…
I know the ground beef here sucks in comparison but onion and meatloaf burgers aren't exclusive to the midwest that's for sure. People do that shit everywhere, but I'm still not going to ruin the meat flavor of the mediocre beef I get here.

stickman

OT Supporter
May 15, 2006
Regular hamburger Meat (not lean)
a bit of garlic and onion powder (1/8 tablespoon)
salt and pepper
1/3 lb Patties as thin as possible

grill on a very hot grill
nom nom nom

xconverge

OT Supporter
Apr 11, 2008
San Francisco, CA
I have been a big proponent of 80/20 and s+p smashed super thin on a very hot cast iron skillet, but something has been off the past few burgers I have had. I have tried a few brands/packs of 80/20, with a little difference between them. I still much prefer a burger from most restaurants

I have a meat grinder and maybe will do a blend with some brisket, but I never felt the blends were the solution either. Maybe I need a slightly coarser grind than what store bought provides

I dunno, I am open to any tips though, but haven't read anything here that I think will solve my "still prefer a good smash burger from not-home to what I make at home"

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olegarchy