20528-teriyaki-pork-burgers-with-grilled-pineapple-760x580.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: cyclaptor

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
please post your preferred method so that we can tell you how right/wrong you are

You already posted it. Oklahoma smashburger. Salt those onions to get them all pre-sweated before grilling. There is no other way.

I used to be team thick burger a long time ago but that was just an artifact of my youth.

TheRightToRemainSilent

Long-Legged Mack Daddy
Mar 31, 2001
a trash can
i'm not implying that some of you people in here have never had or cooked a good burg....

but the evidence is damning that some of ya'll have never had or cooked a good burg.

:dunno:

this isn't about bullshit toppings either....just the process of grilling the meat

Reactions: Kafka

morrowalnut

OT Supporter
Oct 28, 2004
Hadn’t added anyone to my IL until this thread. Fucking bread crumbs and eggs and all sorts of deviancy. They need to find God.
To be honest I never added anything to my burgers until the last month. My girl insisted that they're better with a bit of egg and bread crumbs. So I tried it and and she was right. When I say A little I mean a little.

Adding eggs into your ground beef to give it better consistency is very common apparently. I never did it before it I looked into it and when you're looking at large batch situations it's almost always the case. My burger is always tasted okay but they often would crumble into pieces. I don't have that issue anymore and the flavor is as good or better

• Dislike
Reactions: couchlock

Kafka

PaulGiamattiFan420
OT Supporter
Feb 16, 2007
America
To be honest I never added anything to my burgers until the last month. My girl insisted that they're better with a bit of egg and bread crumbs. So I tried it and and she was right. When I say A little I mean a little.

Adding eggs into your ground beef to give it better consistency is very common apparently. I never did it for but I looked into it and when you're looking at large batch situations it's almost always the case
Listening to a woman on anything re grilling ain’t no way boy :rofl: cmon @morrowalnut thats your DOMAIN son.

morrowalnut

OT Supporter
Oct 28, 2004
Listening to a woman on anything re grilling ain’t no way boy :rofl: cmon @morrowalnut thats your DOMAIN son.
All I'm saying is I've tried both and while they're both good, one makes for a better Burger creating and eating experience. My girl knows better than I do about plenty of things. I'm a nurse and I know a lot more about being a nurse than she does even though a lot of people would say that as a straight dude, that is "not my domain"

• Support
Reactions: Kafka

couchlock

digital nomad
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2002
The Highway
buy tube of meat which is usually 80/20
squeeze tube out into bowl
shitload of cavenders
make ~1/4 lb patties
throw on grill
SMASH with spatula to flatten it out
flip SMASH
finger blast patty to check for desired cookness, med rare/med
eat

thinly sliced onion
lettuce
bbq sauce
mustard
pickles
butter toasted bun

• Love
Reactions: Cashishift

couchlock

digital nomad
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2002
The Highway
my fuckin idiot dad would cram so much crap in his burger, onions, bell peppers, eggs, bread crumbs, then burn the living shit out of it on the grill

fucking things would crumble into a million pieces when u tried to eat it

• Barf
  • Haha
Reactions: cooly and CitznFish

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trendworld