How do you manage to get a Raptor stuck like this? v.Matt'sOffroadRecovery

Yeahdoug

I paid money for this shit?
OT Supporter
Oct 9, 2003
Charlotte
A couple weeks ago I had to drive a POS 90s F150 back through the dunes about 3 miles in Glamis with stock tires. I was actually surprised how well it did with them air’d down. I thought for sure I was going to get stuck.

Ramathorn15

OT Supporter
Jan 31, 2008
ABQ
People hate on recovery boards, but this is why I carry them. Would have been out in 10 min with a shovel and some boards.

ERock

I'm not a cat
OT Supporter
Jan 9, 2002
SoCal
Sand is soft. My friend got stuck good in his F250 when we were out over Thanksgiving. Was not air down enough and stopped when he should not have.

ERock

I'm not a cat
OT Supporter
Jan 9, 2002
SoCal
People hate on recovery boards, but this is why I carry them. Would have been out in 10 min with a shovel and some boards.
I just bought some for my parents for Xmas. They did the Mojave Trail (140mi off-road) 2 weeks ago in their Rubicon.

Ramathorn15

OT Supporter
Jan 31, 2008
ABQ
I just bought some for my parents for Xmas. They did the Mojave Trail (140mi off-road) 2 weeks ago in their Rubicon.

They're pretty much single use if you get legit stuck. Still way cheaper than paying for a recovery service.

ERock

I'm not a cat
OT Supporter
Jan 9, 2002
SoCal
They're pretty much single use if you get legit stuck. Still way cheaper than paying for a recovery service.
I figure that was the case. They go out alone often so it will be good for them.

We went to Pismo a few years ago. I got stuck a bit towing my toy hauler off the beach into the sand to our camp. I tossed a couple of my leveling blocks under the tires and it did the job.

Wolf

devastatingly foppish
OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
I figure that was the case. They go out alone often so it will be good for them.

We went to Pismo a few years ago. I got stuck a bit towing my toy hauler off the beach into the sand to our camp. I tossed a couple of my leveling blocks under the tires and it did the job.
When I was in high school, I had an old 70s Dodge Dart and all my friends had trucks. I went out to a mud hole will them once and got stuck. Ended up using my floor mats for traction.
Learned that from the Jeep "How to drive in Snow" video we watched in driver's ed. :bowdown:

ERock

I'm not a cat
OT Supporter
Jan 9, 2002
SoCal
When I was in high school, I had an old 70s Dodge Dart and all my friends had trucks. I went out to a mud hole will them once and got stuck. Ended up using my floor mats for traction.
Learned that from the Jeep "How to drive in Snow" video we watched in driver's ed. :bowdown:
Back in the 90's my friend had an 80's Civic. We drove up to the snow one night and got stuck in a snow drift screwing around. We tossed floor mats, shoes... everything in his trunk to get out.

Then he proceeded to drive back into it to see if he could make it.

• Haha
Reactions: Wolf

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abdallahppp6