FIT how do you ripped bros keep from getting sick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SquirtRussel

OT Supporter
Oct 8, 2004
San Francisco
lately ive been incredibly busy with work and school and have been on and off sick for over a month now, a solid two weeks of the flu made me lose 10 lbs and some serious strength, now two weeks later im sick again with an energy sapping cold

taking all my vitamins, eating veggies & protein, some pasta and rice here and there,

but FUUU im pissed, and need to get my energy back so i can go nuts again

drank 5 tea bags of green tea and still not much in me, but going to force it and try to get some good sleep

:wtc:

hootpie

OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
I find that rest is key for preventing the cold/flu. Make sure you're sleeping at least 7 hours a night. You may also want to supplement with Vitamin D-3. GNC sells a pretty good calcium/magnesium/d-3 supplement.

limestoner

handwashing_e.gif

smb is me

May 21, 2008
I have only been sick once since I started working out seriously, and I'm pretty sure that was food poisoning. Plenty of rest and a daily multivitamin I guess.

i agree. but it also depends on where you work too. if you work in a call center (small cubicles and 100s of people) or a school, or something like that, don't care how good your immune system is, you're going to end up getting sick.

Adom

Aug 8, 2006
once you hit a certain single digit body fat your body rejects all sickness. it understands the amount of work you've put in. i'm not there, but when i am... oooh boy my sick days will pile up!

but, you, it sounds like aids. aids causes a weak immune system. the common cold will kill you.

Dunken

Welcome to the team.
Dec 24, 2001
Tempe, AZ
lots of my friends always have a lingering sickness for months. they care more about drinking when they feel good enough than making sure they have beat the itis. just goes in a never-ending circle.

synthetic

Apr 9, 2002
San Diego, CA
I would think something of not having too much sugar in the blood for bacteria and what to live off of and grow... plus a well balanced diet providing proper micronutrients

{hydro}

OT Supporter
Aug 1, 2005
Upstate CA
lots of my friends always have a lingering sickness for months. they care more about drinking when they feel good enough than making sure they have beat the itis. just goes in a never-ending circle.

I've noticed this lately, one buddy has been sick for like 2 months.

I recently got sick after being fine for over a year.

Best remedy was sleep.

The Great Deceiver

21st Century Schizoid Man
May 27, 2006
I find that rest is key for preventing the cold/flu. Make sure you're sleeping at least 7 hours a night. You may also want to supplement with Vitamin D-3. GNC sells a pretty good calcium/magnesium/d-3 supplement.
12 hours of sleep will you get you out of it in no time

Bacchus

Skinny Guy
Mar 18, 2009
T.dot
sleep, vitamin C loading and oil of oregano (yeah yeah, i know...there's no clinical study showing it works, but it seems to do so for me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan