How hard is it to jump rope?

wildflower

OT Supporter
May 17, 2002
No place for older men
Jump rope was the only reason I didn't flunk phys ed in high school. I was shit in a variety of other areas, including rope climbing, apparatus, wrestling, and a weekly Navy test that was a variety of activities.
My personal best was 210 in one minute and about 1000 in five minutes.

My phys ed teacher was old school, probably in Korea. When we graduated, I went to him to sign my yearbook, and he said 'whelp, Wildflower, you got any new muscles?' I said: one. Thinking I was cute. He took this as some kind of sick sexual code, wrote his name, and went into another room.

• Haha
Reactions: Wolf and Mercedes

8legs

8eyes
OT Supporter
Mar 16, 2008
Webbywebz
I used to never be able to figure out why I would randomly screw up when I was young. It's because I lose consciousness for brief moments/less than a second, but those fractions of seconds count at speed. I was good at it, but it's frustrating to get caught up at random.

8legs

8eyes
OT Supporter
Mar 16, 2008
Webbywebz
Jump rope was the only reason I didn't flunk phys ed in high school. I was shit in a variety of other areas, including rope climbing, apparatus, wrestling, and a weekly Navy test that was a variety of activities.
My personal best was 210 in one minute and about 1000 in five minutes.

My phys ed teacher was old school, probably in Korea. When we graduated, I went to him to sign my yearbook, and he said 'whelp, Wildflower, you got any new muscles?' I said: one. Thinking I was cute. He took this as some kind of sick sexual code, wrote his name, and went into another room.
I loved the navy obstacle course in boot camp. I'd never tried an obstacle course before, but I ended up being pretty good at it. One of my best memories before I washed out due to weird health stuff.

Aug 15, 2014
Jumping rope is simple. Even fast & fancy jump roping should be easy for a normal person. The only thing it's good for is revealing who amongst us are total dorks from those who aren't total dorks.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman