GAME How is Game Pass Ultimate cloud play?

Jumpem

OT Supporter
Oct 9, 2002
I am thinking about trying it to have something to play on my MacBook. It seems like you have to use a browser to play in this case. :dunno:

LIQUID

DRIVE FAST. EAT ASS.
Feb 1, 2001
Ocean side, FL
i don't particularly like cloud play but it's good to try out a game and decide if i want to spend the time downloading/installing it

Reactions: Jumpem

JacksonWhite

Apr 11, 2011
What is the deal with Xbox Gamepass? Thinking of buying the $300 version and pretty much just having Gamepass, not buying games.

Epik High

OT Supporter
Mar 12, 2004
San Francisco
i don't particularly like cloud play but it's good to try out a game and decide if i want to spend the time downloading/installing it

Agree, its a good way to try out a game.

I really wanted to play Forza Horizon 5 as a casual gamer without having to buy a pc or console so I signed up for cloud gaming. I didn’t mind the resolution and there was lag, but playable.

Then I sprained my ankle and was stuck indoors for weeks so I bought an Xbox Series S outright and of course I can’t go back to cloud gaming,

TS
TS
Jumpem

Jumpem

OT Supporter
Oct 9, 2002
Try it out out, I think they have a free one month trial
I signed up for regular Game Pass for $1 for three months, and then upgraded to Game Pass Ultimate for $14.99 for a month. It end up being four months of Ultimate for $15.99.

TS
TS
Jumpem

Jumpem

OT Supporter
Oct 9, 2002
Wait, do I need to get an Xbox controller for this? I don't think mouse and keyboard work.

LIQUID

DRIVE FAST. EAT ASS.
Feb 1, 2001
Ocean side, FL
What is the deal with Xbox Gamepass? Thinking of buying the $300 version and pretty much just having Gamepass, not buying games.
it's a good buy. Plenty of games to play. And you get 3 free games with Gold every month to keep as long as you have Gold.

With all the studios MS owns you will definitely find something to lose yourself in. (Ultimate includes EA Play btw)

Reactions: Korea

CheeseDanish

Aug 24, 2004
Graphics look blurry and washed out if you stream it

It's only good to demo a game first to see if it's worth the full download

CheeseDanish

Aug 24, 2004
There's a "hack" to get three years of Game Pass Ultimate for $95, vs paying $15 a month or whatever it costs yearly

Look it up on slickdeals

TS
TS
Jumpem

Jumpem

OT Supporter
Oct 9, 2002
Downloading doesn't take too long. I downloaded three games, and deleted one after only a few minutes. I may cancel Ultimate since I have no use for streaming if it doesn't support a keyboard and mouse.

GH0ST

OT Supporter
Jul 5, 2003
GA
I have gigabit and still think it's shit. Just download the game.. You can't defeat physics.

TS
TS
Jumpem

Jumpem

OT Supporter
Oct 9, 2002
I have gigabit and still think it's shit. Just download the game.. You can't defeat physics.
Ultimate was to have something to do on a laptop that isn't meant for gaming. It seems to only support controllers though. I am going to download and try a few games on my PC.

GH0ST

OT Supporter
Jul 5, 2003
GA
Ultimate was to have something to do on a laptop that isn't meant for gaming. It seems to only support controllers though. I am going to download and try a few games on my PC.

Go for it. If you don't mind the unavoidable latency and picture quality degradation due to compression, then it's great. I wouldn't use it unless I was in some bizarre scenario where I couldn't download a game.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor