How long will you wear a mask after this is all over

the_antsy_honda

Sir, I protest...
Dec 17, 2001
California
You know, when everyone has a vaccine, and it just becomes an endemic virus that we get boosters for every year. Not talking even by the end of this year or even 2022. But after that.

In Asian countries, even before covid-19, a lot of people just wore masks out anyway.

Will any of you continue to wear them after?

Considering it will help reduce your chances of getting normal illness that just is a drag, maybe it's worthwhile to continue the practice indefinitely?

This is a health issue and I wanted a poll, so it can't be part of the main threads.

Also, preemptively marked as POL even though I don't think it should be.

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Sir, I protest...
Dec 17, 2001
California
Masks are primarily to protect everyone else. If I have the vaccine and it's effective, I'll take my chances without the mask.

I mean, after a large part of the population has the vaccine, not just after my 2nd dose.

I'll voted wear a mask if I believe I'm sick, or something more protective like an actual N95 if I think I'm going to say, the clinic or ED or something

Last edited:
Reactions: frankelefritzsux

Dr. Mike

yes
OT Supporter
Apr 3, 2020
San Diego
The insanely low flu data appear to indicate that we could have done away with your typical seasonal illnesses if we had just always behaved like this.

I don’t think masks are necessary at all times but people at risk should absolutely modify their behavior in the long run, and we should be much more conscientious of passing on illnesses when we are sick.

All doctors offices and hospitals should require a mask 24/7. Public transit, large indoor gatherings (I know they won’t but I’m thinking of churchgoers here), etc.

garbagemanlb

OT Supporter
Sep 8, 2005
Oregon
The insanely low flu data appear to indicate that we could have done away with your typical seasonal illnesses if we had just always behaved like this.

I don’t think masks are necessary at all times but people at risk should absolutely modify their behavior in the long run, and we should be much more conscientious of passing on illnesses when we are sick.

All doctors offices and hospitals should require a mask 24/7. Public transit, large indoor gatherings (I know they won’t but I’m thinking of churchgoers here), etc.
Always behaved like wfh 100%?

bearsdidit

May 8, 2004
San Diego, CA

I’m definitely changing my future behavior to limit outside exposure during the flu season. I always get sick for 3-6 weeks every Christmas and it’s an absolute bitch. This year, I’ve never felt better except for the crippling anxiety.

WFH FTW

Uncle Phil

Nov 15, 2003
Bay Area, CA
Absolutely will continue to use a face mask for public transportation commuting to work during cold/flu season. That is when WFH comes to an end sometime in 2021 and hopefully N95 mask are available to the general public (legitimate ones obviously).

[DWI]

Master of Nothing
Aug 6, 2000
Maine
I would love for us as a culture to normalize wearing a mask, as a mean to protect others, whenever one is feeling under the weather.

I had hoped that at the beginning of COVID, after masks became politicized I highly doubt that will come to pass.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jexic84026