How many deaths would there be if covid happened more than 100 years ago?

Meowzers

OT Supporter
Mar 18, 2005
I dont know?

Whats the point when people don't use the technology and understanding of the world to better themselves

Hi there's a highly transmissible cold like disease, you should avoid contact with non household members

WHAT DO YOU MEAN I CANT GOTO Chili's

And

Weren't Humans "healthier" 100 years ago? Yeah we didn't have modern science but how many fat unfit people were there?

What was the percentage of people who suffered from type 2 diabetes back in 1920 vs now?

wildflower

OT Supporter
May 17, 2002
No place for older men
The world back then had 1/4 of the people today, and much less movement outside your town. So I think purely number wise it would've been far less deaths globally than today
Even in the plague years, people move around - maybe mostly to get out of a plague area. Then you take the plague with you and infect a whole other area.
In the last big one, people resorted to felling trees over the road and restricting entry to certain areas. Of course, it didn't work.

ObeyTheNoodle

Russian Warship, Go Fuck Yourself
Aug 3, 2001
Seattle
Apples to oranges

How so? Both were novel viruses when they occurred with similar infection rates. Biggest difference is the mortality rate but that, in general, has dropped tremendously over the past 100 years across the board.

Other opinions:

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
I dont know?

Whats the point when people don't use the technology and understanding of the world to better themselves

Hi there's a highly transmissible cold like disease, you should avoid contact with non household members

WHAT DO YOU MEAN I CANT GOTO Chili's

And

Weren't Humans "healthier" 100 years ago? Yeah we didn't have modern science but how many fat unfit people were there?

What was the percentage of people who suffered from type 2 diabetes back in 1920 vs now?
No, they weren't.

Painkiller

Michael Ronaldo Cristiano
Dec 20, 2001
Earf
millions easily, There would no end to it. no modern medicine at that time would doom the population.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448