FIT How many eggs a day is bad for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

φ

Eugenics is the self-direction of human evolution.
Jan 29, 2005
I eat twelve whites per day.:dunno:

lemans23

PV - The Vision of Sound
Jul 12, 2004
Indy
There is no reason to eat 12 whole eggs unless it's part of your diet. And by the mere fact that your asking, this is thrown out the door.

m45

May 2, 2005
The yolks wont hurt you, but i wouldnt been keen to get too much chelestrol from them. There is plenty of other sources of protein.

I dont see why people would buy/cook egg's, yet throw out the yolk.

Skeletor

why does everybody eat so many eggs? They aren't that high in protein at only 7g'ish per egg... not that high in cals either. I can understand having a few for breakfast or whatever, but why eat a dozen per day?

Gein

May 24, 2004
Austin, TX
Skeletor said:
why does everybody eat so many eggs? They aren't that high in protein at only 7g'ish per egg... not that high in cals either. I can understand having a few for breakfast or whatever, but why eat a dozen per day?

because they are dirt cheap. I eat 8'ish eggs a day. mmmm.

edit: they are also a very easy protein for your body to use. From what I've read.

Nev

Aug 11, 2004
SoCal
Skeletor said:

cheap and easy to make :dunno:

disblohs

I can't shake this little feeling I'll never get a
Oct 24, 2004
Spartanburg, SC
Mitchtj said:
I dont see why people would buy/cook egg's, yet throw out the yolk.

It's not a difficult concept to understand. Yolks have a lot more fat than egg whites. I'm dieting and I want a lot of protein in my diet with moderate fat intake. I get my fats from fish oil, almonds, and other sources, but I don't want the bulk of it to come from egg yolks. As a result, I use 9 total eggs each morning and my meal consists of 7 egg whites and 2 whole eggs.

I just bought a dozen eggs for $1.03 because they were on sale, but they are usually ~$1.40. Getting egg beaters, which consists of 100% egg whites, is ~$1.80 for a carton and only has the equivalent of 10 servings of egg whites in it. Buying eggs and throwing out the yolks is much cheaper than simply buying egg whites in a carton.

JeremyD

Oct 3, 2004
Skeletor said:

Ask any old school bodybuilder what they think the most anabolic food is.

LancerV

Buttslut sighting
OT Supporter
Sep 16, 2003
Eggs are the cheapest source of protein though, a dozen eggs = 84g of Protein

tetsuo

And shepherds we shall be...
May 6, 2004
i really wish that my parents still had their chickens. when i was in high school, i hated the damn things cause they were just chores to do, but i really miss getting a dozen or two fresh eggs everyday.

deadbolt

Apr 18, 2004
Southern California
ive eaten 4 whole eggs everyday for the past 3 years.

i just got my chol. rechecked 3 weeks ago. my chol. is just as good as it was when i checked it 3 years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448