How many of you have bug out enduro style motorcycles?

Eskimo Yo-Yo

absent
OT Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
Seems like a diesel powered one would be sick af :dunno:

453_4445_1.jpg

TS
TS
Eskimo Yo-Yo

Eskimo Yo-Yo

absent
OT Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
I've got a klr650 that I traded for an Ar15 back when Obama got elected. It's a ton of fun and ran for a long time with little maintenance.

Need to throw a clutch in it and get it back on the road.
Yea these diesel one's are actually a little loud, even for me. Would have been a lot of fun someplace like sturgis though

sp00n155

You underestimate the insignificance of my penis
Jan 30, 2006
Huntsville, AL
neat bikes but really rare powerplant makes parts not super available for it.

the "bug out" concept is stupid as fuck but if its something you take seriously gasoline is more available and parts for the gas engine are also more available which are more important.

TS
TS
Eskimo Yo-Yo

Eskimo Yo-Yo

absent
OT Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
neat bikes but really rare powerplant makes parts not super available for it.

the "bug out" concept is stupid as fuck but if its something you take seriously gasoline is more available and parts for the gas engine are also more available which are more important.
Yea no doubt, better to have a gas powered

TS
TS
Eskimo Yo-Yo

Eskimo Yo-Yo

absent
OT Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
Still don’t see the point of something that can’t carry people or rations or supplies but I’m also not a “bugout” or prepper person
have you seen how many people you can fit on a bike? Watch any vid out of Thailand or something

sp00n155

You underestimate the insignificance of my penis
Jan 30, 2006
Huntsville, AL
that's a 6.5gal tank. Should be good for ~250mi.

EDIT:

Wo. The diesels get that high MPG? Gas bike gets around 40-45

"up to" 96mpg at 55mph. Loaded down with a bunch of shit riding trails or maneuvering city traffic, probably half that.

Normie

KungFlu Crew #002
OT Supporter
Still don’t see the point of something that can’t carry people or rations or supplies but I’m also not a “bugout” or prepper person
Agreed, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to make it upstate to the bugout cabin if needed. But I have enough gas and rations to stick in the jeep and take backroads there if shit goes down. However, the house is just as good a place to stay if shit does hit the fan, and I have plenty here to hold me over for a while.

Reactions: Muddy Waters

FutureMan

On the rights of your wealth, I disagree
OT Supporter
Aug 28, 2002
Liberal Enclave of Darien, CT
Agreed, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to make it upstate to the bugout cabin if needed. But I have enough gas and rations to stick in the jeep and take backroads there if shit goes down. However, the house is just as good a place to stay if shit does hit the fan, and I have plenty here to hold me over for a while.
Call up a couple girls and let’s do this

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan