How much do you pay for health/vision/dental?

Dusty Busterson

OT Supporter
Sep 19, 2007
Las Vegas
thats what i pay employee coverage wise currently. right on outta my small biz pocket
Oh, a small group plan, gotcha. I don’t take those kinds of payments, that’s another dept. I have had individuals paying almost that amount for a grandfathered individual plan though.

One guy in particular had no problem catching up on payments from May to July, total paid was $20,730. Just put it on his credit card like nothing but in his words “I don’t care how much it is I’m keeping my plan.”

Made me feel like the poor fucker I am, but I got a perfect 10/10 survey from him. Those mean a good bonus for me in November, got three so far.

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
Oh, a small group plan, gotcha. I don’t take those kinds of payments, that’s another dept. I have had individuals paying almost that amount for a grandfathered individual plan though.

One guy in particular had no problem catching up on payments from May to July, total paid was $20,730. Just put it on his credit card like nothing but in his words “I don’t care how much it is I’m keeping my plan.”

Made me feel like the poor fucker I am, but I got a perfect 10/10 survey from him. Those mean a good bonus for me in November, got three so far.

sigh yea. it sucks.

Reactions: Good Ol' Gil

Menger

OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2011
Dental $15/month
Medical $78/month
Vision $5.80/month

pretty good, have had better

Nonphixion

Oct 12, 2003
Vienna, Austria
Wait. I thought nobody could afford healthcare in the US and it was free in Europe.
If you have a good job in the US, healthcare quality (knowledge of doctors [US medical universities occupy the top 20 and the like of the best medical universities in the world], speed of getting appointments) is better in the US in my experience living in NYC.

We pay more here in Austria for a lower level of care in the public health system (Austrian medical universities start off at rank 161 in the world and range to the high rank ~600 in the world, with doctors limited to 48-hour weeks -- so have less experience than US medical professionals/surgeons), with longer wait times (3 months for a pulmonologist, 1 month for an endocrinologist, 1.5 months for consultation with a maxillofacial surgeon). That's quite well known, on the public healthcare system I can't change primary care doctors more than once every 6 months.

https://metropole.at/austrian-healthcare-system/

I will need to buy private health insurance here after the six months of the care that I've experienced -- I know that I'm not happy with it. The private healthcare facilities and providers I've had encounters with are excellent and don't have high wait times. It'll be 80-200 USD extra per month for that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cicada

Mperor

I flow like butterbeer on Diagon streets
OT Supporter
Jun 9, 2003
Seattle
High deductable plan and HSA as an investment vehicle ftw

ChemicalWhore

Excessively Black
OT Supporter
May 1, 2006
San Diego
Job contributes 697 a month and I pay 215 out pocket monthly because my plan is so expensive, and it’s going up again next year 😒

Boomchrono

Dooda la dooda la doodaley doo
OT Supporter
Jul 6, 2021
About $200 family of 3, I'm the only worker.

I never feel like going to the hospital for anything and I tell my wife to go every time she says she's sick or whatever, but she doesn't.

I don't know the details of the plan,

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wet0529