FIT FOOD How much water do you drink a day?

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
I regularly only drink three things in a day. Coffee in the morning, water during the day, and beer in the evening. That's it. Lately, the beer consumption has been higher than it should be so I'm cutting back big time (no longer drinking during the work week). I wasn't getting hammered every night or anything but 2-3 beers (usually heavier beers) add up over time. Seeing I had no where to be, why not?

Anyway, part of getting back to good health I've adopted a new workout plan and noticed just how dehydrated I was. I've just upped it to half a gallon a day and can already feel a difference after just a few days.

So that begs the question, how much are you drinking?

Libski

Banned
Jun 1, 2018
Well done on making changes. Drinking more during lockdown seems to have been a common thing. I generally drink on a Friday night, but sometimes I'll drink on a Saturday night and Sunday evening if I'm having a BBQ or something. It's not worth it - feeling tired for a couple of days after the weekend.

I don't drink enough water, maybe 2 liters a day. I drink far too much tea.

Best of luck on your new lifestyle. I'm gonna start drinking more water too.

Dismay

Super Swell Guy
OT Supporter
May 23, 2000
SoCalish
I chug a few glasses (20-30oz) first thing in the morning, have 16oz of coffee, bring about 40oz h2o with me to work that I drink throughout day, have a beer or two at night, then drink another 8-16oz.

TS
TS
I<3URANUS

I<3URANUS

OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
I chug a few glasses (20-30oz) first thing in the morning, have 16oz of coffee, bring about 40oz h2o with me to work that I drink throughout day, have a beer or two at night, then drink another 8-16oz.
Yeah. I'm closer to 40 oz of coffee or so a day. :o. I only drink my coffee black though.

TS
TS
I<3URANUS

I<3URANUS

OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
Well done on making changes. Drinking more during lockdown seems to have been a common thing. I generally drink on a Friday night, but sometimes I'll drink on a Saturday night and Sunday evening if I'm having a BBQ or something. It's not worth it - feeling tired for a couple of days after the weekend.

I don't drink enough water, maybe 2 liters a day. I drink far too much tea.

Best of luck on your new lifestyle. I'm gonna start drinking more water too.
Good for you. I would think tea wouldn't be as bad as coffee and beer but I guess it depends on how much tea you're drinking.

Reactions: Libski

Keksimus

OT Supporter
Jan 16, 2012
Probably several large cups or more if I'm exercising a lot. Not really into having a set number of ounces or anything.

Capt. Hammer

Purveyor of Bespoke Photoshop ROFLs and LOLs
OT Supporter
Jun 14, 2003
The Lone Star State
I've been working on cutting my alcohol intake and increasing water consumption during the day as well. As it stands right now I'm probably at 1.5-2L per day, but I want to increase it more. Before I started making the effort, i was probably drinking a single 500mL bottle every day and I was dehydrated as hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright Ā© 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor