TECH How nice is the illuminated keyboard on the new MacBook?

assclown

Mar 11, 2003
NYC
Kind of BS that the base aluminum MacBook doesn't come with the illuminated keyboard, but I guess they had to justify the $300 difference with more than just a larger hard drive. :hs:

Is it worth the extra cash? I don't think I'd particularly need it but it could come in handy, and sometimes these little things are worth the extra money to me (blackbook vs whitebook).

Also, is there a way to adjust its brightness and/or turn it off completely?

Ant

Serious Business.
Mar 6, 2005
Tampa
yeah I never look at my keys, even in the dark...just find the feelers to home keys, and i'm good. I wouldn't miss it if it didn't have it.

Uncle Phil

Nov 15, 2003
Bay Area, CA
see no point in an illuminated keyboard, the screen should be bright enough to light up the keyboard. Plus i assume you should know how to type without looking at the keys? I have yet to ever use my illuminated keyboard on my MBP

dres2k

OT Supporter
Dec 3, 2008
jersey
i dont use the backlit keyboard much, but it's a nice feature...I usually just turn it all the way down though and turn screen brightness up. This is on the unibody MBP late 2008.

JRide

Mar 25, 2008
Its definitely not a necessity but its definitely a cool feature. Spent the extra money for the faster processor and bigger hard drive. Illuminated keyboard was just a plus.

Kieffer87

Orly
OT Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Where the Green Grass Grows
Looks cool, non mac users are amazed. I like it when I am laying in bed with screen backlight all the way down and browsing the net. It's nice when you just need to punch in a key or 2 in the dark.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan