how should i go about recovering this hard drive?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by dorkultra, May 11, 2009.

1. dorkultra

dorkultra OT's resident crohns dude with an ileostomy bag OT Supporter

i bought a cheap pci-e 1x sata and pata card and plugged a pata drive into it. everything was fine until i went to write some data to the hard drive.

windows started freaking out and telling me repeatedly that it was having write delay errors

i rebooted the computer and now the drive is inaccessible. it wants me to format it.

i have a backup of the drive, but a have a couple of new things on the busted drive that i'd like to save. i plan on using getdataback for ntfs to grab those

or is there some other way i could go about rebuilding the FAT or something?

2. Doc Brown

Doc Brown Don't make me make you my hobby

IRQ conflict maybe.

3. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

If you were getting Delayed Write Failure errors, then those new files never got written to disk. Sorry man.

4. dorkultra

dorkultra OT's resident crohns dude with an ileostomy bag OT Supporter

not a big deal about those files. just that i can no longer access the drive, i'll try getdataback for ntfs

edit: i just realized it was still plugged into that crappy card. it wasn't working earlier today, now everything looks fine. i gotta throw that card out. i have another pci pata card that i know works perfectly

Last edited: May 11, 2009