TECH How to extend your wireless network

Sexual Vanilla

May 23, 2005
South Carolina
I've had great luck with this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833127063

I've used it on both the adapter end as well as router end with good results.

When I added it to my router, I went from 2 bars on my laptop to 4 bars while associated with my AP (according to Windows Wireless Zero Config)

When I connected it to my desktop's PCI card, I went from picking up 2 APs to 10 (I used to live in an apartment complex).

thunderbird

Aug 11, 2008
Kentucky
lol video "don't mind asking your mom, she won't mind assuming you don't use the whole role"

assuming all nerds live with their moms

Oct 17, 2004
New England
what are some good steps to take or things to buy to increase wireless range from a home router?
if your router allows for removing the antennas, replacing them with either higher gain and/or real directional antennas is the best first step.

TankedOutSuicide

These aren't the DJs were looking for...
Feb 1, 2005
Boca Raton, FL
if your router allows for removing the antennas, replacing them with either higher gain and/or real directional antennas is the best first step.

ditto.

Either that or get a router/wireless waypoint that has an advanced enough interface to increase the mW range of your wireless signal.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan