TECH How to map a keyboard press to a sound file?

Drake Thornn

OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2004
Grenyarnia
I'm running a little quiz for my friends and would like to use the buzzers that come with the PS3 Buzz! game. They are USB and I have found an app that lets me bind the buzzer buttons to any keyboard key (such as F1, F2 etc).

Now all I'd like to do is find an app that plays a specific sound file (wav or mp3) when the specified key is pressed.

Buzzer 1 = F1 = Noise 1
Buzzer 2 = F2 = Noise 2
etc

I found a program that almost does what I want (jbuzzer, http://jbuzzer.sourceforge.net/) but it only works when the app is 'active' and not running in the background. This doesn't work for me as I'd like to be running some powerpoint slides at the same time.

Any suggestions? I would have thought setting up something like this is trivial but I can't seem to find much.

deusexaethera

OT Supporter
Jan 27, 2005
This strikes me as being an overly-technological solution. Some reason they can't just raise their hand when they know the answer to the question?

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec