ART How to ship a polarizer? Ideas?

Wobistdu

I have to ship a 77mm polarizer to someone, and I don't have the provided plastic case they come in. Can anyone think of a good macgyver way to ship this bitch?

I'm thinking possibly 2 sturdy cardboard cutouts on each side taped all around inside more padding?

TS
TS

Wobistdu

Untitled_15.jpg

Like this. This is how I always receive comics. Slightly larger cardboard so it doesn't have much room to move, and that should protect the glass.

Cicada

Abraham $LINK’in
OT Supporter
Sep 30, 2008
SoCal
i can't believe you spent time MSPaint'ing something rather than just doing it.

eighteen_psi

May 31, 2003
Put it on a lens, put a lens cap on, and ship that (edit: In a huge pelican case). Ask him to return the lens when done.

charles foster kane

Feb 14, 2007
Croatia
I've sold a lens and left a CPL on it

homie was an honest dude and shipped it back to me

was just taped up in two sturdy bits of cardboard, then sandwiched in a couple small pieces of bubblewrap then in a post bag

came back in one piece :dunno:

TS
TS

Wobistdu

I've sold a lens and left a CPL on it

homie was an honest dude and shipped it back to me

was just taped up in two sturdy bits of cardboard, then sandwiched in a couple small pieces of bubblewrap then in a post bag

came back in one piece :dunno:

yeah i guess that's about the best u can do

MSIGuy

om nom nom nom!
May 30, 2005
Do you have a camera store local to you? Chances are they've got tons of plastic cases those things come in just laying around... We've got like 100 of them littering our store.

TS
TS

Wobistdu

Do you have a camera store local to you? Chances are they've got tons of plastic cases those things come in just laying around... We've got like 100 of them littering our store.

oh shit yes i do. good idea thx

jigelow

Dec 16, 2010
Just throw it in a slightly used condom and tap up the excess. Throw a stamp on there and drop it in the nearest mailbox.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan